in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-19-2007 2:49 PM by SWISS_2. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-19-2007 1:55 PM

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

dusts problem for beosound 1

Hello all,

after few months of usage, the CD player space inside beosound 1 start to have dusts accumulating. I would like to ask is there any suggestion to remove them safely? As you know, the cover does not seal the CD player well, so dust must go inside, especially in big cities.

Actually, how many years can I expect this player can play?

Also, a little bit off topic, although i feel the sound is clear and sweet, I feel the details is not that good for beosound 1, the separation of different instructions is not good enough.

Anyway, let's continue to enjoy this beautiful player 

• 12-19-2007 2:07 PM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

Re: dusts problem for beosound 1

Try stippling the dust out into a hoover nozzle with a soft paintbrush. Works for me Wink

Muchos Gracias Cool

• 12-19-2007 2:49 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Re: dusts problem for beosound 1

Beo;

The dust accumulation will happen over the years on any of the B&O music systems. One in the Alps, and one in the Tropics.

I have two BS 1 units, one from the product incept in 2001 and another purchased in 2003. Both continue to operate very well, although one was zapped plugging it in to the wrong mains supply ( the voltage converter and fuse were the only items damaged and repaired ).

Both units are placed on highly polished granite, so any dust is quite obvious and going to be noticed. The design of the unit attracts people to it like a magnet, so we keep the area clean at all times.

I wipe using a damp cloth each week, and every 6 months use a small hand-held battery powered vacum for computer and IC board cleaning for the CD changer and speaker inside the alu cover. When we are away or on Holiday, I unplug the units and cover them with the original plastic " pillowcase " from the B&O packing, and / or put them away in a cabinet.

Regarding degredation of sound, I have yet to notice any, but they aren't " cranked up " much, at least when I'm present. Tile flooring and masonry walls make a lot of skip and echo effect. Usage is primarily local FM, CD, ( A.AUX sourced ) N.MUSIC, N.RADIO, and as an inexpensive HOME THEATRE with a SKY SAT TV box. If the BS 1 is set on a small TV swivel, it can be used with a SAT box, PC, or MAC connection,  and moved about to fit the audience.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)