in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-03-2007 7:30 PM by beojeff. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-03-2007 6:32 PM

HD DVD / BLU RAY support with BEO 4

I have the beosytem 3 and beo4 remote. I am trying to decide which hidef dvd player to get. Would like to hear back from members which ones can be FULLY controlled by the beo 4 remote. I know that the PS3 cannot. I am leaning towards the new Samsung combi player. Are the current Samsung blu ray players fully complatible with the beo4  ? What about the panasonic pioneers etc? 
  • 12-03-2007 7:30 PM In reply to

Re: HD DVD / BLU RAY support with BEO 4

With my Beosystem 1 and Avant, I have perfect control of the Toshiba HD DVD player with my Beo4. At $99.00 USD, it's very little investment for great HD. I, too, have considered the forthcoming Samsung combo player, but I think the price will be outrageous. I also have a PS3, but I really think that HD DVD is worth considering since it's broken far below the $200 mark to become accessible to the mainstream shoppers. I would certainly wait a few months if you're considering BD. If BD wants to compete against HD DVD, it will really have to cut its price.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)