in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-22-2007 12:30 PM by Keith Saunders. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-22-2007 12:14 PM

Beovision Avant 28" (1994) Mod?

Hi:

I have read in an earlier post that the 28" VHS model can be modded -i.e. you can take the video unit out and put something else in its place. A media centre was mentioned. What is a media centre? I m fairly technically minded so a simple explanation like "it is for plugging in an Ipod" would be fine.

I am new to owning a B&O TV although my friend has the DVD model (DVD player is on the top left hand corner -right?). Is it therefore possible to add a DVD player to this TV in the location of the factory fitted? 

If not, is there an after market system available that I can put in place of the VHS unit?

Thanks

Graham 

• 11-22-2007 12:30 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision Avant 28" (1994) Mod?

Graham,

The Video tape version of the AVANT had the physical videotape at the bottom of the unit and it is connected electrically to the main TV via two cables, one being a short SCART cable which plugged into the VTAPE socket.

The whole unit can be removed without affecting the working of the TV itself. It comes out in one box leaving a big space. In the AVANT DVD that your friend has, that big space still exists, so some other non B&O kit could be added in this space and at least one member has done just that. Whatever you may decide to put in this space you will have to build and taylor yourself.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)