in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-11-2007 7:29 AM by dilznik. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-10-2007 10:00 AM

Yet another Beoport question

Hi,

Okay it's a couple of questions.  I'm tricky like that.

1. If I have the audio from my Mac going to the Beoport, and then I want to watch a movie from the Mac to the TV, how does that even work?  Will the sound go over my stereo?  Or do I just end up with no sound anymore, thus negating the whole purpose of watching a movie from the Mac?

2. Why couldn't they program this thing to push the sound out of the USB like a standard external sound card?  If M-Audio could figure it out AND give me gain control and monitor lights AND a bunch of Mac and PC software all for $200, surely B&O could've done that too...

Goal:

Mac--->Beoport--->BS4
      |
      ---->TV (DVI)

Music over iTunes and video over DVD player
  • 11-10-2007 12:11 PM In reply to

Re: Yet another Beoport question

Quick answer to question nr. 1

My Mac Mini monitor connection is connected to BV7 by DVI
    The Mac Mini audio goes from audio connection to BV7 and is split from headphone to L+R stereo.
    The Mac Mini audio goes from audio connection to Beoport.

The audio is split at the Mac Mini by ways of an audio splitter cable.

link http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=7C3E400&fnode=home/shop_iphone/iphone_accessories/cables_docks&nplm=TN550LL/A

• 11-10-2007 3:34 PM In reply to

Coolskin:
    The audio is split at the Mac Mini by ways of an audio splitter cable.

Ah, okay. This doesn't degrade the sound too much?  I guess it can't be that bad considering the little pinner audio cable they included with the Beoport.  My monitor at work came with a better one!
  • 11-10-2007 6:09 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

You have a number of options to experiment with.

I've tried the headphone jack, RCA, and M-L (using a BS 3200)  with no sound quality loss to BL 4000, and BL 2000 linked speakers. A  mini-splitter plug works very well.

DVD: I used to watch DVD via the PC, configured via: PCDVD ->PLASMA ->BEOPORT  -> BS 3200. I would have to find a N.RADIO non-broadcast station ( such as the Goverment stations which are clear most of the time ) to listen to the DVD sound.

Now using HDMI for sound and picture, with 1 cable only into the Plasma and back to the BS 3200 and Beoport.

• 11-11-2007 7:29 AM In reply to

I'm going to have to try that with the Beoport and the non-broadcast station.  I think I can just make my own in iTunes.  Naturally my TV doesn't have an audio in since it has the HDMI... but since the monitor port on the Mini is DVI then there's no sound =(
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)