in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-01-2009 5:12 PM by casadelshawn. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2009 6:27 PM

Long time viewer, first time contributor. Questions about Beogram 2000 cable adaptor.

Hi everybody!  I've been lurking/mooching for quite some time in anticipation of owning some B&O products.  That time has finally come!  A local guy was able to set me up with a set of the Beovox 5000 and a Beogram 2000 table.  

I don't have a Beosound to hook the turntable to, just an old AR integrated amp and a Quad phono pre.  Since the phono stage takes RCA (& XLR) inputs, I'm at a bit of a loss on how to connect the two.  I'm assuming that there are adaptors out there, but I don't think I'm looking in the right places or asking the right questions.  I can build the RCAs myself if need be, but in order to do that, I need a pinout diagram.  From what I've read, the 6th and 7th pins (far right and far left) on the DIN plug are removable, that leaves me with 5 pins.

What goes where?  I'll apologize in advance, as I'm sure it's been covered a thousand times before, but my searching mojo is not up to par recently.

Thank you-

Shawn

• 08-27-2009 11:13 PM In reply to

Re: Long time viewer, first time contributor. Questions about Beogram 2000 cable adaptor.

Shawn,

Welcome to BeoWorld!

Take a peruse here!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 08-28-2009 3:29 AM In reply to

Re: Long time viewer, first time contributor. Questions about Beogram 2000 cable adaptor.

You either have an interesting or very interesting pair of products! Which ones are they? The Beogram can either be a late radial deck - very slim - or the earlier deck with the pegs for record support and an SP cartridge. Equally the speakers could be wall panel speakers or big floor standers.

Either way, I am sure you will have no problem. You do need an earth or ground connection from the casing of the DIN plug to the earth plug of the amplifier to avoid hum.

• 09-01-2009 5:12 PM In reply to

burantek:

Holy Pandora's box!  Big Smile  Thanks for that, I'm sure I'll be elbows deep in it for a while.

Peter :

That's me!  Late deck and panel speakers.  The speakers sound OK; I'm looking for a suitable sub to go with them.  They're a little brighter than I like, but my wife likes the way they look on the wall, so I'll make them work.  Yes, I'm whipped.  I also eat well and always have clean clothes...  Yes -  thumbs up

Thanks for the support so far, everybody.  I'm sure I'll be back asking more questions and doing my best to be a valuable forum citizen!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)