in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-09-2007 5:47 AM by beologisch. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-08-2007 4:23 AM

troubleshoot BL4500 "trouble in [mondriaans] paradise"

Can anybody help me in the following matter? since yesterday evening one of the daisychained BL4500 [the third one in a row of 4] is silent allthough the display is working and the attached fourth BL4500 works perfectly. The mute BL4500 only makes a kind of hiss sound whenever I change the volume of the whole system [BV3 icw BS4] but nothing more ! any suggestions or is the amp. dead Hmm
    Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 11-08-2007 4:59 AM In reply to

Re: troubleshoot BL4500 "trouble in [mondriaans] paradise"

Hi Leon,

Have you changed anything to provoke this reaction? If no then suggest switch off for a minute then back on. Any imrovement?

If no then probably requires service support. Tim Jarman serviced one of mine recently and tells me that they are not particlarly complex so your local service agent should be OK to fix it.

Regards Graham

• 11-08-2007 6:48 AM In reply to

Hi Graham,

thanks for suggestions ; I've done nothing to provoke this reaction to my knowledge ofcourse;-) I've allready tried switching it of and then on again, but sadly everything stays the same.....perhaps I can try to replace this one by a spare one from our bedroom and try to astablish confirmation it's the amp ? if everything stays the same I'll replace the bedroom BL4500 for the kitchen BL4500 [with the prob. broken one] but I'm still wondering what might have caused it [I've never had any problems with any of my BL3000/4500/5000]

• 11-09-2007 12:46 AM In reply to

• ridax
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 44
    • Bronze Member

Maybe one of the low value resistors in the amplifier?

• 11-09-2007 5:47 AM In reply to

Guess what : I replaced the "kitchen" BL4500 for the "bedroom" ones and everything works fine, after that I attached the "kitchen" BL4500 to the powerlinkcables and mains in the bedroom and now they work fine too without any problems..................Unsure

Thanks again for the advice

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)