in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-06-2007 4:38 AM by Stonk. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-05-2007 4:43 AM

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Sick Pentas

Hi all,

I bought a pair of Penta 3's to use with my BC8500 in my playroom. I bought them from a guy who 'passes stuff through' in other words he buys & sells and only plugged the speakers into the mains, saw a light & assumed they were OK.

I got them home and ordered the powerlink cables. Once they arrived I found a problem  - only one speaker works.

The symptoms of the faulty speaker are:

When set to L or R: Red light on standby, red light when turned on and display shows "---" where the volume should be.

When set to Auto: Green light permanently on even in standby, display works perfectly but only hisses and crackles again, even when in standby.

So far I have tried leaving them on to see if it kicks into life once warmed up, swapped powerlink cables, daisy chained and using different powerlink sockets all without any success. I guess I'm asking for advice really. Does it sound like an expensive difficult problem?

Thanks,

SteveSad

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 11-05-2007 5:09 AM In reply to

Re: Sick Pentas

If I were you I would take the offending amplifier to Tim Jarman. Contact him at www.beocentral.com

Regards Graham

• 11-06-2007 4:38 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Re: Sick Pentas

Thanks Graham.Smile

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)