in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-03-2007 12:52 AM by Beolab. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-02-2007 10:15 AM

50 or 100HZ

Is 100Hz tech sw or hardware?

Let´s say my BV9 is 50Hz and when B&O realese BV9 100Hz can I upgrade to this? 

• 11-02-2007 10:28 AM In reply to

Re: 50 or 100HZ

My B&O technician explained me that it will be a hardware change (chipsets, cardboards...) in both parts: inside the Bsys3 device itself and also in the back panels electronic (BV4, BV7...).
    But maybe this hardware upgrade can be applied also to the actual models... I don't know about that technical point.

In addition he explained me that the 100Hz technology which B&O will use for their tv sets will be a very high quality 100Hz processing generation, lot more powerful, sophisticated and (of course) expensive than all those solutions which other brands are already mounting today.

Santiago

• 11-02-2007 4:35 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Santiago:

My B&O technician explained me that it will be a hardware change (chipsets, cardboards...) in both parts: inside the Bsys3 device itself and also in the back panels electronic (BV4, BV7...).
    But maybe this hardware upgrade can be applied also to the actual models... I don't know about that technical point.

In addition he explained me that the 100Hz technology which B&O will use for their tv sets will be a very high quality 100Hz processing generation, lot more powerful, sophisticated and (of course) expensive than all those solutions which other brands are already mounting today.

Why don´t B&O upgrade the baklight to LED in the same time?  First BV 7 MK III BS3 and now BV 7 MK III BS3 100Hz...

Next year BV 7 MK IV BS3+100Hz+LED... Super Angry

BL8000 MkII Black

• 11-02-2007 5:59 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Why upgrade to LED? They BeoVisions go bright enough, have perfectly evenly lit displays and will last plenty long enough...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-02-2007 6:29 PM In reply to

First BV 7 MK III BS3 and now BV 7 MK III BS3 100Hz... Next year BV 7 MK IV BS3+100Hz+LED... Super Angry

Don't get angry with the technical advances, that's life.

Simply enjoy everyday your fabulous tv set without thinking in the future improvements, or you'll be always unhappy.

B&O is working hard in this 100Hz tech just now, but they have still some difficult problems to solve, so they hope this will be ready late 2008 or even in 2009... that gives you a LOT of time to spend with your actual BV7 model before the first BV7-100Hz become available Wink

Santiago

• 11-02-2007 6:58 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

I don´t get it why B&o didn't equip the MK III with 100Hz from the beginning??? Why most they always be so slow in the updates?

And Alex: The advantage with LED is not the brightness level.. Individual LED were each lamp can be controlled separately.. So if ve for example show a black picture with a white box in the middle the LED technology can turn of or reduce the lamps to total blackness and only the lamps in the middle of the picture are set to on.. = 1000.000:1 in contrast ratio Vs 2000:1 today... Read and learn more about it here.. http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2005/10/04/brightside_hdr_edr/5  Samsung and JVC have also developed LED screens with 200.000:1 in contrast ratio..

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 11-02-2007 9:09 PM In reply to

"I can´t get it why B&o didn't equip the MK III with 100Hz from the beginning??? Why most they always be so slow in the updates?"

Perhaps because they didn't have access to early engineering samples of the new panels.

But, nevertheless, there will be always advances in technology and our equipment will not remain state of the art indefinitely.

The best way is to set a wish list concerning our future purchases and to buy when we decide that these requirements are met.

In my case, I set several years ago the following requirements for my "future"  B&O TV (which I own now) :

1- Full support of the high definition standard (1920x1080 resolution)

2- ATSC tuner

3- HDMI connections...

4- Picture quality up to expected standards.

and I waited until B&O comes out with a model offering these features. This year, the US Beovision 7 finally arrived and it meets all these expectations.

When B&O reintroduced a TV line in North America in 2000, I was very tempted to buy an Avant. But, I was also aware that high definition was coming. Since I consider a B&O TV as a product intended to be kept for several years, I then decided to wait until a TV that was fully HD compliant would be available and to continue to use my "old" MX-5000.

Concerning 100hz display technology, does the current 50hz Beovision-7 has a perceptible flicker? Mine is 60hz and no flickering is perceptible. But the flickering is definitely perceptible on a 50hz tube television.

Regards,

Jean

• 11-03-2007 12:52 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

The LCD 100Hz technology isn't so much about flicker, its more about sustain sharp detail on moving objects (Less pixel reduction in movements...

2. Or to sustain full HD in the movement´s, because today you get half the amount of pixels when the camera pans for example..

So the result with 100Hz on a LCD screen is smoother picture with even more sharpness and detail in camera "Panning`s" and movment´s than with the BS3 can give today.!

And the LCD`s 50Hz has no flicker at all, just old and poor CRT  TV´s have visible flicker sometimes...

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)