in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-28-2009 7:25 AM by TripEnglish. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-28-2009 2:17 AM

Connecting a Beomaster 5 on a Avant TV

I like to connect a beomaster 5 with beosound 5 on my Avant TV to play computer music on my system.

I have only the connectors on the back of the TV free where I can connect a video camera. (On top of the TV)

Since the same connectors are shown at the back of the beomaster my question is now that when I connect both together via this way what can I expect to be working.

Audio distributed on my surround system connected via the Avant?

Video shown on the TV?

Or nothing at all?

• 05-28-2009 7:25 AM In reply to

Re: Connecting a Beomaster 5 on a Avant TV

If the AV inputs at the top are the only ones available than you may have an issue. These are "line sensing" inputs meaning that anything plugged in will supersede other connected peripherals. It is meant, as you mentioned, for video cameras and such. 

The real issue is that until late summer or early fall, you won't be able to do this at all. The BeoMaster 5 does not accept commands over ML from Avants or BeoSystem 1s and it won't support an outboard eye until the next major software release.  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)