in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-28-2009 6:23 AM by tournedos. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-27-2009 10:34 PM

How to remove RL60 speaker grill

I recently acquired a pair of RL60 speakers.  I want to remove the front grill cloth to check for dry rot of the speakers, but I can not figure out how to do this.  I removed the six phillips head screws from the back of the unit, but this did not seem to be the way to remove the front.  Any help on how to remove the front of these units would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Don

• 05-27-2009 10:44 PM In reply to

• Andrew
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-16-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 49
    • Bronze Member

Re: How to remove RL60 speaker grill

Hi Don, do a search using the top right-hand corner search box.

I think there are various threads covering this which will give you picture instructions as well :) I believe there are a few things to be careful of when removing the grill (I dont own a pair but have read about it).

Search is your friend, my friend :)

Andrew

• 05-28-2009 1:26 AM In reply to

• michgal
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-27-2007
    • Eindhoven, Netherlands
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Do you have removed the screws under the attachment for the redline-rubberbands. and the middle srew.

When the cover is of you need to get some more screws unscrewed. Some metalcolour srews on the sides let you remove srews on the sides. And then you can pul of the cloth. But I think you dont want that, so you need o rmove the speakers from the inside. There is no other way for the redlines, i think.

you're welcome

Michel

• 05-28-2009 2:18 AM In reply to

I believe there are 3 that you have missed!!

Remove 1 in the bottom of the centre hole where the speaker connections are situated.

Remove 1 each in the bottom of the holes that has or had the plastic band tensioning blocks in.

Crap description but it's the best I can do!!

Regards Graham

• 05-28-2009 5:50 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

All I can say is that if they are anything like my RL140's then get ready for the most screwing you will ever do in your life!! Wink

Durban South Africa

• 05-28-2009 6:20 AM In reply to

Probably wouldnt be a bad idea to  rebuild the crossovers while you have them apart.

A fairly cheap and easy project.

• 05-28-2009 6:23 AM In reply to

This should give you a good idea of the construction, the drivers and crossover will of course be different. And yes, you really need to dismantle most of the speaker to see the drivers - the grille/fret itself will be about the last thing to come off, as the whole speaker is constructed on it!

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)