in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-24-2007 11:01 AM by Peter. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2007 4:18 PM

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

changing nickname

hey and hi you moderators!

i have been thinking of changing my nickname. smito is a code i have to use at work, that s why i chose it when i first registrated to the old forum. but i would really prefer to change my nickname to my real name "tom". i checked the "my profile" section, but i could not find anything that could help me about this problem.

so i really made up my mind about it and would be happy if some of you could change my name to "tom" if that works. or tell me please how to do it.

thanks a lot.

regards.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-23-2007 4:37 PM In reply to

Re: changing nickname

Tricky! You can of course simply re-register - the advantage would be you get two entries to the prize draw but this may be a little pricey! You can change your name in your profile but it will change back to the original user name each time you leave the site. No way that I am aware to change this I am afraid!

• 04-24-2007 2:18 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

I thought you could change it any time. If my name is britops then its been fixed otherwise, there is a way to do it.
  • 04-24-2007 2:20 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

click on "Signed in as name" >about>Name and whatever I enter in here becomes my displayed name
  • 04-24-2007 5:43 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

that was done before, but the problem was, that in the settings, i had not enabled the forum to display my name, as there is a box that says "enable display name" and it was set to no. not that difficult, but i should have opened my eyes...

thanks

• 04-24-2007 7:09 AM In reply to

Peter wrong again!Laughing I was told that this wouldn't work but am happy if it does!
  • 04-24-2007 7:54 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Peter:
    Peter wrong again!Laughing I was told that this wouldn't work but am happy if it does!

well peter, you can't get to know your new baby completely in only one week! Wink

but you have been playing here for much longer...

• 04-24-2007 8:33 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Errr I strongly urge moderators to errr remove this fascility forthwith!
    One might find ones errr subordinates abusing this privlelidge errr willy-nilly.

Before long one won't be able discern who the hell is who! Seriously. Sorry Tom but can you see the logic?

C

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-24-2007 8:44 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

hey andy!

her royal highness, do you think any of the real beoworlders, i mean those who come her regularly would be interested in not being recognized by his fellas anymore. i don't think so.
    you are right, some members could change their name regularly, but at the end, the only problem there is is for the member, because he won't be recognized anymore.

• 04-24-2007 9:17 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Tom this is true, young man, but people could start calling themselves things like Peter Earsden or 9Lee or smito or I P Grace or worse still Moderator, Chief Moderator, Super Duper Moderator or God!

C

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-24-2007 9:59 AM In reply to

I don't really mind what people call themselves - I did notice there were 3 Peters a couple of days ago! I think changing often probably just confuses people though! I was going to change my name when the other Peters appeared but they seem to have changed back. We are looking at some system of identifying moderators more permanently - I quite like just being a normal member though and try to moderate in the background.
  • 04-24-2007 10:16 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Peter:
    We are looking at some system of identifying moderators more permanently - I quite like just being a normal member though and try to moderate in the background.

i understand that you like being a normal member instead of the chief, but i prefer moderators to be clearly identifiable. That is a point where I have to second Andy: if now someone writes moderator in his avatar, no one can tell if he is one or not. But I am sure you will sort this out.

Cheers

• 04-24-2007 11:01 AM In reply to

tom:

Peter:
    We are looking at some system of identifying moderators more permanently - I quite like just being a normal member though and try to moderate in the background.

i understand that you like being a normal member instead of the chief, but i prefer moderators to be clearly identifiable. That is a point where I have to second Andy: if now someone writes moderator in his avatar, no one can tell if he is one or not. But I am sure you will sort this out.

Cheers

I am just one of the dedicated team of moderators. We all have equal status except for Lee and Steve who are the administrators. I don't think anyone who is not a moderator is listed as such! I have changed my Avatar to the new Beoworld logo and I wonder if that is possibly the way to go. I do think moderating is a task for the background though!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)