in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-31-2008 8:52 AM by dilznik. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2008 4:57 PM

dvdpedia users

Heya,

Do you guys use just the TS-VIDEO files and rip the complete disk or compress the movies?  I've been doing nothing but ripping and the quality is great (better than my actual DVD player) but man... the rips are huge.  Usually about 7gb each.  I've got a 500gb HD and it's almost full.  And there isn't really that much on it.

Also, how do you take care of boxed sets?  As in, I have all of Heroes season 1 ripped but with DVDpedia I can't figure out how to deal with linking more than one TS folder.  Well, you can link them but not launch them.  As in, it won't let me choose which file to use. 

• 01-28-2008 2:27 AM In reply to

Re: dvdpedia users

That's how large they are. I have chosen to store them at full resolution, as I want to be able to have the best possible PQ for projection, when going from DVDs. (Imagine a Blu-ray disk at 30GB ...)

Using MactheRipper you can strip trailers, behind-the-scenes, interviews, irrelevant audio-tracks, etc, in order to slim the file. But I haven't bothered. 

Check your DVDpedia program, look under EDIT in the menu bar. You should see "Add Multiple DVDs."

• 01-28-2008 5:24 AM In reply to

Guess it's off to the store for more drive space...
  • 01-28-2008 6:45 AM In reply to

Another question... how do you deal with boxed sets?  I'm trying to figure out a way to deal with Band of Brothers and Planet Earth where I can link the files without actually having to create an entry for every disc.
  • 01-28-2008 5:14 PM In reply to

dilznik:
    Another question... how do you deal with boxed sets?  I'm trying to figure out a way to deal with Band of Brothers and Planet Earth where I can link the files without actually having to create an entry for every disc.
    For the time being you have to link every DVD seperately. 

DVDPedia is in the progress to find a solution. When, i don't know... 

• 01-28-2008 5:49 PM In reply to

Try just linking the DVDs into the same window, in the same sequence as the episodes.

I get a number of DVD tags underneath one another, like in this example. See the next post for the view detail.

• 01-28-2008 5:52 PM In reply to

Then, when you're in coverflow mode, when you hit the PLAY arrow, you'll get up the various DVDs you have stored under the movie cover, with the first one at the top.

Just click the one you want to play. Ideally, it would be nice if it showed episode numbers or another tag, but it's fairly easy to keep tabs on.

Here it's the top one that's the active DVD.

• 01-28-2008 9:16 PM In reply to

If you don't mind loosing the 5.1 track I would recommend handbrake. I import my movies into Itunes afterwards and watch them through frontrow. 

Average file size is less then 1GB for a 100 minute movie

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 01-31-2008 8:52 AM In reply to

Ah right on.  Planet Earth looks just like that.  Cool!
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)