in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-07-2007 9:39 AM by Medogsfat. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-06-2007 8:46 PM

• Tom Morgan
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-13-2007
    • Rochester Hills, MI
    • Posts 46
    • Bronze Member

beocenter 2300 questions

Hi Folks,

Just purchased a new addition to my B&O family, a BC2300, but have a few questions I was hoping to get answered.  Just bought it off of ebay and got a very reasonable price and it arrived in good condition and works great.  But I have a couple questions I was hoping someone could help resolve.

1.  It came with the FM antenna, but I can seem to figure out how to mount it on the back of the unit.  There is just no place that it obviously attaches.  The manual does not show a very good diagram of how it is supposed to attach.  Can anybody help?

2.  Did the 2300 come with a bracket that attached to the back to help keep the wires from getting tangled up?  I thought I read somewhere that it did.  Mine didn't come with one and I'm wondering if they are still available.

3.  It also didn't come with the AM antenna.  Any recommendations on the best place to get one?

4 Did (or does) B&O make a wall mounting bracket for the 2300?  I have seen them mounted on the wall and would rather do that that get a shelf. 

5.  Finally, does anybody have a picture of the various colors the Grill clothes came in?  I know I have seen pictures of the various colors that were made, but I can't seem to find any now.  If anyone has one of these I would appreciate if you could e-mail me a copy.  My e-mail is tom.morgan@voith.com.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

• 11-07-2007 2:34 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: beocenter 2300 questions

1 & 2. Yes there is an extra bracket that comes with the FM antenna. Not sure if it available as a seperate part though as it comes with the antenna which is still available from B&O - you may need to buy the whole thing and sell your existing one on ebay - these have been known to sell for more than new price.

3. Any AM antenna will do but you will need a weird DIN type plug to connect to your 2300. Again I would personally simply get one from you dealer. These things don't cost the earth.

4. Wall mounting brackets are available. They appear on ebay occasionally or one of our members may have one.

5. Lots of different colours are available from black to shocking pink! 9Lee our site leader used to have loads of these at his shop here listed in accessories - I am assuming the speakers that came with your system are the beolab 2500's?

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-07-2007 8:52 AM In reply to

• Tom Morgan
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-13-2007
    • Rochester Hills, MI
    • Posts 46
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Chris.  You have been very helpfu.  I guess the search begins.  I will create some searches on eBay as well as ask the Beo membership if anyone has any of this stuff.

By the way, I am just returning to activity on the Beoworld site but I remember your name, going back aways, when I was more active here.  I am speaking of a few years ago.  I always wondered what the meaning was behind your screen name Medogsfat.  Now that I see the picture, is it simply Me-dogs-fat, meaning "my dogs are fat?"

Thanks for the help, much apopreciated!

Tom

• 11-07-2007 9:39 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Hi Tom,

thanks for remembering me - I hope it was for the right reasonsSurpriseHuh?

Almost correct in the interpretation of my user name and a very good guess for someone who doesn't come form my kneck of the woods. I was born and raised in the county of Yorkshire where our dialect is a fairly lazy but unforgettable one. Whereas most people would say "My Dog Is Fat" we would pare that down to it's bones and simply make do with "Me Dog's Fat" and hence saving on  overusing The Queens English. It was really invented for my last dog (Heidi) who was the mother of the 2 reprobates you now see on my avatar, the poor old girl had Cushings Disease which gave her a distended belly due to the degeneration of muscle tone.

Glad to have you back on board of the best forum on the internetSmile

EDIT :- I should have known before my 1st answer - wall brackets can also be obtained from one of our sponsors (STB Brackets) here

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)