in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-16-2007 3:02 AM by Peter. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-15-2007 9:26 PM

Membership classification

On August 8, 2007 my Paypal account was automatically charged 15.00GBP for membership renewal.  According to the home page, this should be a Silver membership.  Tonight I tried to access the manuals section and was informed that my "bronze" membership classification (which I believe is free) does not allow me to access this.  In checking my profile, I am listed as a bronze member.  What's going on?  Furthermore, I don't remember ever giving permission to automatically renew my membership.  If this isn't cleared up, I will cancel my membership when the June 8, 2008 date arrives.

Jerry (decr8r1)

• 10-16-2007 1:11 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Membership classification

Hi Jerry

You have paid £15 to the old owner of the site, who i'm sure should be noticing these payments coming in and reversing them automatically - but i'm no expert on paypal standing orders so i shall not comment.  This is happening quite regularly unfortunately, but in what appears to be the majority of cases you should recieve a refund from him if you ask.

Try emailing him through paypal, or claiming the money back through it's own procedure.  Sorry that this has happened to you - you are not alone.  If you need any further assistance, please PM either myself or one of the moderating team.

Kind regards

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 10-16-2007 3:02 AM In reply to

Re: Membership classification

I would confirm that this has nothing to do with Beoworld as it now stands. The withdrawal is from the old Connoisseurs' Club which was run by Steve when he owned the site. It would appear that an automated system is at work and I would suggest contacting Paypal as the service is no longer available and is hence inappropriate.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)