in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-15-2007 5:56 AM by Steve at Sounds Heavenly. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-12-2007 3:45 AM

Quality Chocolate making at B&O

I was invited to, and attended a B&O chocolate making event in Reading last night.

The B&O showroom was turned into a chocolate making factory for the evening with the chocolate makers "Temper" supplying the chocolate and know how. There was about 50 people attending and we all followed the instructions for making our own chocolates to take home with us. Below at the bottom is my attempt, well the chocolate tasted good, but my design needed improvement.

Chocolate

We also came away with some professionally made B&O milk and dark chocolate...

Regards Keith....

• 10-12-2007 3:57 AM In reply to

• van
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-19-2006
    • Brighton, UK
    • Posts 663
    • Gold Member

Re: Quality Chocolate making at B&O

Hi Keith

I like your designs - the patterns show balance and symmetry something I consider to be a trait of the Bang & Olufsen design house

Big Smile 

• 10-12-2007 4:10 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Shame on you Keith - where was MY inviteStick out tongueLaughing

Looks like a lot of fun was had, and an excellent idea for a gatheringSmile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 10-12-2007 5:17 AM In reply to

What a fun evening... It raises the question though.... What is the best event you've ever been invited to? I'm sure many of you own luxury products from many other brands that hold great launches and customer relations events.

jazz 

• 10-12-2007 5:26 AM In reply to

I am ready for my morning coffee now and I am considering one of the very nice B&O chocolates below. They are both solid about 6mm thick.

B&O Chocolates

Regards Keith....

• 10-12-2007 6:31 AM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

They look sickly Ick!

Muchos Gracias Cool

• 10-12-2007 7:56 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

A14BEO:
    They look sickly Ick!

Philistine!

All chocolate should be revered & worshippedBig Smile

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 10-12-2007 8:05 AM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

Only Cadbury's Wispa, Chris!!! It's just been re-launched after Cadbury's (apparently) bought back the bubble-making machine from some Arabs!

Rediscovered my Xmas morning "selection box" love for them now - bloody garages up and down the country have got them on a 3 for 2 offer! Stick out tongue

Muchos Gracias Cool

• 10-12-2007 12:20 PM In reply to

• joynsyde
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-09-2007
    • Midwest, U.S.A.
    • Posts 130
    • Bronze Member

I don't quite get it.  Why is a B&O store having a chocolate-making event? It sounds fun and all, but what does that have to do with AV equipment, and how will it help them boost their sales??

Nonetheless, it looks delicious!  I think I'll get a hot cocoa now when I go on my break ...  Of course, all the calories go to Baby not to me! Big Smile 

...my two cents ~AJ
  • 10-12-2007 3:07 PM In reply to

Well it would have been a nice even to network with people who may share the same interest for chocolates in general.
    I wish I could be there as I am found of them.
    Speaking about chocolat, I like Neuhaus, Galler and also Patchi for its originality (unique and exquisite packaging and the partnership with artists for the tableware goods).

Guy 

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 10-12-2007 3:13 PM In reply to

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

Keith,

I was at this event too (I think I was at the next table to you - nearest the back of the shop) - I didn't realised there were other Beoworld members there or I would have said hello. I thought it was a great event, and those B&O logo chocloates were great - I made an attempt to make the B&O logo in the lolly challenge but mine didn't really work.

It was a shame they didn't have all the new products (BS6/Seranata/Beo5) available (and fully working).

Ian 

• 10-12-2007 3:32 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Tut, tut, tut.
    You should have both been wearing Beoworld baseball caps.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 10-12-2007 7:28 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

As to the question of why, it's simply the concurrent sharig of sales stories. Generally, you speak tot eh broad range of people from those that are TV orientated, to those of just sound, and those with digital. I expect that whatever the activity, it works as a sales tool, as long as the Beo Buyers do indeed turn up. I always liked when Durham (my old store) did wine tastings. I do think though, that this kind of thing is best left to the dealer; after all, better events will achieve more customer interation
  • 10-15-2007 5:56 AM In reply to

Hi Jazz,

The best event I have been to has to be the one that started my B&O obsession, about 20 years ago - my local dealer (Leicester) hired the Banqueting Hall of a stately home (Belvoir Castle in Leicestershire) to demonstrate their latest products, including:-
    Redline 7000 speakers
    Beolab Penta speakers
    Beocenter 9000
    Beosystem 5500

I was absolutely blown away by the products and the sumptuous buffet afterwards!  I got a ticket through a friend in the trade and that "free" evening has probably cost me thousands of pounds since in terms of all the B&O systems I've bought as a result of discovering these fabulous products!

Was anyone else at Belvoir Castle for that event?  Do B&O still hold promotions on this scale?

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)