in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-11-2007 2:11 PM by Peter. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-09-2007 11:21 AM

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I broke the BS2

You know what, i already hate hate hate this thing but now i've gone and broken it by deleting something i shouldn't have. It just beeps telling me my card is empty when it actually not. Yes i've scanned it pressing the two down buttons, and the music is fine on the BS4.

What have i done! I deleted the firmware and left only the latest one on there, but now i don't know how to undo my mistake. I can't wait to get rid of this spoilt little brat of an MP3 player. I can't believe how unpleasant this thing is to own. Lightning

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 10-09-2007 12:29 PM In reply to

Re: I broke the BS2

Are you crazy? how can you not love the BS2? Surprise
  • 10-09-2007 2:09 PM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

Because it does what it fancies doing without consulting the user!

Oh, and it's ugly as sin! Ick!

Muchos Gracias Cool

• 10-09-2007 2:24 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I disagree! I love the design, most beautiful MP3 player out there! The sound is incredible as well, nothing else on the market comes anywhere near it. I agree about it having a mind of it's own though, not the most user friendly of MP3 players out there.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 10-09-2007 2:45 PM In reply to

• WiBi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-16-2007
    • Rijnmond NL
    • Posts 40
    • Bronze Member

.....love mine as well.....

There's a contest on the B&O site where you can win a BS6. Maybe an idea??Wink 

Why we're on this planet? Because that's where they have B&O

• 10-09-2007 7:21 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Sorry, I disagree; I think the simplistic design is perfect for an SD player. Unless you have a hard drive with thousands of different genres, you don't need a screen or any of that stuff. It sounds like you've maybe just deleted the tracklisting file. Your options would be to:

1) Delete the music and add music to it through the gorgeoous BeoPlayer software (like you're meant to

or

2) Switch it to the "itunes mode" where you can copy paste tracks to it through Windows explorer (or Finder if you're on a Mac)

I must admit, I am tempted to sell my BS2 to raise money for a Christmas related Serenate, but I must admit that it's a phenominally rugged mp3 player. It's not the most up to date piece of kit, but it still turns heads for it's design, 4 or 5 years after it's launch. It also survived life during my university days so in my mind, it's indestructable.
  • 10-10-2007 2:01 AM In reply to

• Ruivar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-12-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 72
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

Calvin I think you're right about the BeoSound 2. I ordered it 6 months before it was released in 2002, and I was therefore the first person to buy one from my local dealer. And during the five years I have had it, there has been no problems with the BeoSound 2 itself, only the BeoPlayer has been a bit tricky some times though... I still LOVE the BeoSound 2!!

Ruivar

• 10-10-2007 2:47 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Yeah, no, i strongly stand by my opinion. For me - it stinks.

I LOVE the design & it is stunning, but no one in adelaide understands true style, and i'm bored of it having yucky finger prints. Not enough bass for me! No where near as much lower frequencies reproduction as BL4000, infact all Beolabs.

I do have my days where it is my best friend and i do love it. When it has no finger prints, ("nobody touch it!") and i'm laying in bed listening to beautiful classical music. I can't believe i have to wait until the middle of next year before i can get a Serenata.

Yes you heard me. It's all good, my relationship with the 4000's is stronger everyday. Big Smile

• 10-10-2007 2:57 AM In reply to

• Joe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-03-2007
    • SoCal
    • Posts 74
    • Bronze Member

Fingerprints no more, this article came out a while back. I also love my BS2, cant wait to buy the BS6 regardless of the samsung logo.

http://beoworld.org/news_view.asp?id=43 

Joe 

Its not just a product, its a way of life...
  • 10-10-2007 3:54 AM In reply to

To this day I'll never understand why people don't just buy an iPod and be done with it.  You can buy something more expensive, you can buy something that looks nicer, you can buy something from a different manufacturer if you dislike Apple, but if you do you'll buy an inferior product.  That's all there is to it.

This is the exact same argument I make about grills.  You can buy a $10,000US grill and I'll still not be impressed because it's not a Weber.  You can buy Weber or you can buy crap.  I don't care how much your grill costs, if it's not a Weber then it's crap.

• 10-10-2007 5:40 AM In reply to

When i got my BS2, alot of my friends bougt ipods and no one could understand why i would buy the more expencive BS2. In retroperspective, I saved money. Everyone else had to get new ipods, not just becous new models where released all the time, but becous they all broke.

The only problem with it is that i sometimes have to jiggle it a bit in the charger to get it to understand that the BS2 is on it. But that problem only showed up a little while ago, after 4 - 5 years of hitting, dropping and sitting on the player.  

• 10-10-2007 8:08 AM In reply to

• marcus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Adelaide, South Australia
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

David:

... but no one in adelaide understands true style,

I respectfully beg to differ.Smile 

• 10-10-2007 8:44 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

marcus:
    David:

... but no one in adelaide understands true style,

I respectfully beg to differ.Smile 

I'll re phrase... 99% of the people i've come across so far.  

Hey i forgot about those cases, maybe if i get one of those i'll be able to keep using it and stay sane for the next 8 months! Stick out tongue 

• 10-11-2007 12:27 PM In reply to

Let's face it everyone. BS2 do longer have the best sound quality. Try using a quality pair of high sensitivity headphones and you will see what I mean. It has a higher noise level that an Ipod. However, the amp in BS2 is indeed powerful.
  • 10-11-2007 2:02 PM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

I regret selling mine.  I used it as my sole MP3 player for 3 years and then when in the US last year bought and iPod.  The iPod is great, but....... I miss my BS2!  Probably because of the design, simplicity and battery life.  I may buy another one at some point (spare cash allowing)

Greg

• 10-11-2007 2:11 PM In reply to

By the way, to get back to the original post, have you tried formatting the card? Either in the BS2 or in a card reader. It has worked for me in the past.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)