in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-25-2007 2:13 AM by meandmyshadow. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-24-2007 5:25 PM

Bv7-40 connected to Virgin media+ HD box

Has anyone encountered a problem with this setup??

I have connected a virgin media+ hd box via HDMI and when i change the settings on the box to output HDMI the screen goes blank but get sound. Tried resetting the t.v but to no avail.

I know Bv7-32 and 40 had probs with the scalers when connected to a SKY Hd box do you think this may also be related??

Regards

Me

• 10-24-2007 5:31 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Bv7-40 connected to Virgin media+ HD box

Have you made sure the connections are pushed in fully. In the past I have had the same problem with Scart leads. Not sure if the same can happen with HDMI leads though. Worth checking though.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 10-24-2007 6:28 PM In reply to

Yeah  tried that cheers, even tried a a new hdmi - dvi converter! 
  • 10-25-2007 2:13 AM In reply to

First I would check the output HD setting of the box, how old is your BV7? With the Sky box issue, it was a HDCP content problem and as such that error was displayed on the screen (it was a Sky message not BV7)  The other thing to consider is a problem with the HD box HDMI socket, is there any other way you can test either the HDMI output on the box or another source into the input on the BV7?
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)