in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-04-2008 3:34 AM by timhanna. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2008 4:06 PM

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

BV7-40 MKIII Weird Colors / Humming Noise

Hi, i am the "happy" owner of a BV7-40 MKIII television.

When i first bought it, i noticed that it had a low frequency humming noice when the picture was very dark, i talked to my dealer, and he contacted B&O, and "they had never heard about people complaining about noise from BV7" before. I told them that i could not live with a tv that expensive making all that noise. It should be said that this noise is actually so high that i have to turn the volume up louder than i feel is normal.

They told me that they are in the process of changing from HT to HS screens, and when the HS screen becomes available, they will exchange my HT with a HS panel. And so they did, this HS panel has the same noise, but i have discovered that if i disable "Adaptive Black" and turn the Contrast up 3 clicks, ths noise is "liveable".

After they changed the Panel(not the entire tv) i have been noticing some funny colors. When there is a black/grey part of f.ex a black suit, it almost looks green. I didn't think more of it because it was very hard to tell when it should look like that, or when it was an error.

Tonight however, my girlfriend was zapping, and fell over an old black/white movie, and OH MY GOD, this movie was black/green/white, i have never seen something look that terrible. When i turned the colors all the way down, the movie "colors" was black and white, but as soon as i turned the color back on, it became a green/white picture again.

First thing tommorow i will call my dealer and hear what he has to say.

Has any of you guys seen something simmilar ? Or even has the humming noice problem also ?

/Weebyx

• 07-03-2008 5:19 AM In reply to

Re: BV7-40 MKIII Weird Colors / Humming Noise

My God, on a TV with the pricetag of a car, thats bad
  • 07-03-2008 6:03 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Excactly, i have talked to my dealer today, and B&O is taking the TV in for a checkup, they think that there might be som configuration that is wrong after the panel was exchanged.

The humming noise is another issue, when i first got it, and noticed the humming, they ordered a replacement tv at once, the only problem was that the replacement also made the noise, the technitian who exchanged the panel, said that if the new panel also made the noise, then he could do no more.

Apparently the noise is comming from the backlight converters on account of the powersaving feature i samsung panels, i have searched the net, and found others with samsung panels that has this problem, but they could turn off the powersave feature, and the the converters get more power and the noise stops. However i have not found this feature on the BV7

/Weebyx

• 07-03-2008 6:12 AM In reply to

I dont know whats up with B&O, with my brand new BV7-32, 1 week old, keeps on crashing all the time, this is not really on.

Have you had the TV for a long time, the replacement one?

• 07-03-2008 6:52 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Weebyx:

When i first bought it, i noticed that it had a low frequency humming noice when the picture was very dark, i talked to my dealer, and he contacted B&O, and "they had never heard about people complaining about noise from BV7" before. I told them that i could not live with a tv that expensive making all that noise. It should be said that this noise is actually so high that i have to turn the volume up louder than i feel is normal.

They told me that they are in the process of changing from HT to HS screens, and when the HS screen becomes available, they will exchange my HT with a HS panel. And so they did, this HS panel has the same noise, but i have discovered that if i disable "Adaptive Black" and turn the Contrast up 3 clicks, ths noise is "liveable".

After they changed the Panel(not the entire tv) i have been noticing some funny colors. When there is a black/grey part of f.ex a black suit, it almost looks green. I didn't think more of it because it was very hard to tell when it should look like that, or when it was an error.

Tonight however, my girlfriend was zapping, and fell over an old black/white movie, and OH MY GOD, this movie was black/green/white, i have never seen something look that terrible. When i turned the colors all the way down, the movie "colors" was black and white, but as soon as i turned the color back on, it became a green/white picture again.

Has any of you guys seen something simmilar ? Or even has the humming noice problem also ?

/Weebyx

Can you tell me the full name on the HS panel ? Was the new panel the LTA400HS-LH2 or? 

Look into the "customer service menu" if you don't know: Menu + place the marker on options and then hit the red button + Go   You find the panel name under "Screen Information"

Because the HT and the HS panel got different color values in the Panel /PW ADJUST menu. The HT panel uses the double value on Green red, blue and white point for example. Thats why the colors are so funny. Your dealer service technician need to tune this values for the HS panel. 

And the "humming" noise should only be during warm up of the CCFL backlight (10min) then it should be quiet...

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 07-03-2008 6:54 AM In reply to

Obviously this shouldn't be , but your dealer should sort it out . My dealer couldn't be better , I have had a Bv7-40 for a couple of month and after a while it would shut down at 9 mins. past 6 & 12 every day , without hesitation they changed the set . Trouble was  the new set did the same thing and the problem turned out to be a BeoMaster 7000 in the next room talking to a BeoLink 7000 [:'(] .
     I now have a minor speaker problem on a month old BS3 in a cinema set-up and again they have ordered a replacement .
    Richard
  • 07-03-2008 11:31 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

timhanna:

I dont know whats up with B&O, with my brand new BV7-32, 1 week old, keeps on crashing all the time, this is not really on.

You don't want to know about my recent BV8-26 experience. Well, you probably do, but it's between me and B&O UK. Not good, not impressed.

Every other experience has been fantastic, but my last and current has been my worst ever. Won't connect to BV7-40, when finally connected, they turn each other on/off, when controlling volume etc, BV6-26 was supplied grubby and with white paint drop on the back of the TV etc etc.

• 07-03-2008 1:54 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

The full panel name is LTA400HS-LH2J.

When the technician changed the panel, he also changed the picture processor module, and updated the SW, but he never changed any values in the service menu.

Maybe he thought that when changing the panel and updating the SW all was vell.

The "humming" noise is actually at it's worst when the tv has been running for a while. But if i turn the contrast up, it goes away.

/Weebyx

• 07-03-2008 1:56 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Beolab:
    Weebyx:

/Weebyx

Can you tell me the full name on the HS panel ? Was the new panel the LTA400HS-LH2 or? 

Look into the "customer service menu" if you don't know: Menu + place the marker on options and then hit the red button + Go   You find the panel name under "Screen Information"

Because the HT and the HS panel got different color values in the Panel /PW ADJUST menu. The HT panel uses the double value on Green red, blue and white point for example. Thats why the colors are so funny. Your dealer service technician need to tune this values for the HS panel. 

And the "humming" noise should only be during warm up of the CCFL backlight (10min) then it should be quiet...

Regards

The full panel name is LTA400HS-LH2J.

When the technician changed the panel, he also changed the picture processor module, and updated the SW, but he never changed any values in the service menu.

Maybe he thought that when changing the panel and updating the SW all was vell.

The "humming" noise is actually at it's worst when the tv has been running for a while. But if i turn the contrast up, it goes away.

/Weebyx

• 07-03-2008 2:48 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

timhanna:

About 2 months.

/Weebyx

• 07-04-2008 3:34 AM In reply to

moxxey:
    timhanna:

You don't want to know about my recent BV8-26 experience. Well, you probably do, but it's between me and B&O UK. Not good, not impressed.

Every other experience has been fantastic, but my last and current has been my worst ever. Won't connect to BV7-40, when finally connected, they turn each other on/off, when controlling volume etc, BV6-26 was supplied grubby and with white paint drop on the back of the TV etc etc.

Shocking, really shocking, my BL7-4 Centre speaker has loads of dirty finger prints like patches that i cant, and wont get out... im hoping to hear what they have to offer me after this fiasco. Am I right in saying this guys, but does this only apply to LCD TVs. All my other equipment is perfect, no complaints at all! Even my Avant was thoroughly enjoyed

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)