in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-04-2007 5:25 PM by beoberlin. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-03-2007 12:28 PM

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

iMac - iTunes - SD Card - BS3

Hello everyone!

For a month, I have now been working with my iMac, but I still have some problems when it comes to putting music onto an SD Card to play in my BS3.
    1. When I put music files onto the SD-Card by drag and drop form Music/iTunes and I put the SD Card into the BS3, it displays one more folder than I have put onto it, and that folder is empty (e.g. when I copy 3 CDs to the Card, each CD in a different folder, the BS3 displays 4 folders, the first of which is empty)
    2. Is there any way I can convert music bought in the iTunes store into MP3 so I can enjoy it on the BS3?
    3. I used to format my SD Cards every time when I changed their content on the PC. I found out to do it on the Mac (with Hard-Disc-Programms (don't know the exact name, as I use Mac OS X in german...)).

This afternoon, I considered selling my BS3 for the first time, as I thought that it would all be much easier with an iPod and an Alarm Clock, but if I think of the sound quality, there is no alternative to BS3...

Any help is gratefully apreciated! Thanks!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 10-04-2007 2:22 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Re: iMac - iTunes - SD Card - BS3

tom:
    1. When I put music files onto the SD-Card by drag and drop form Music/iTunes and I put the SD Card into the BS3, it displays one more folder than I have put onto it, and that folder is empty (e.g. when I copy 3 CDs to the Card, each CD in a different folder, the BS3 displays 4 folders, the first of which is empty)

Me too, its called TRASHES? It shows up on my BeoSound 4 too.

Ignore it. 

• 10-04-2007 2:25 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

tom:
    2. Is there any way I can convert music bought in the iTunes store into MP3 so I can enjoy it on the BS3?

Nope, vent your anger at iTunes DRM. Purchase the iTunes Plus version if available or boycott iTMS and buy CD's again. 

• 10-04-2007 2:27 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

tom:
    3. I used to format my SD Cards every time when I changed their content on the PC. I found out to do it on the Mac (with Hard-Disc-Programms (don't know the exact name, as I use Mac OS X in german...)).

PROGRAMS>DISK UTILITY

• 10-04-2007 2:33 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

tom:
    This afternoon, I considered selling my BS3 for the first time, as I thought that it would all be much easier with an iPod 

Think Different. Stick out tongue

Don't be tied to Apple products and iTMS. 

• 10-04-2007 2:36 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

tom:

and an Alarm Clock

Mine has proved to be the perfect bed side clock radio. Although I use my mobile phone for an alarm clock.

• 10-04-2007 2:59 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

britops:
    tom:

Nope, vent your anger at iTunes DRM. Purchase the iTunes Plus version if available or boycott iTMS and buy CD's again. 

A workaround is to use an audio editing program (I use Adobe Audition on my PC) and while playing the tune in iTunes you can use the audio program to record the audio out of your soundcard (all internal no leads required). You can then save the result in any format you wish.

Its not very elegant but it does work - still a faff on though!!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 10-04-2007 4:24 PM In reply to

Hi there,don´t know if this of any help, but:1. Imho it depends on the format of the SD card. I assume the card for the BS3 is currently pc formatted (FAT32?). You could try formating the card for mac (HFS/HFS+), but probably BS3 will then not be able to read it. So I don´t know a real solution, other than trashing the unwanted folders by hand...2. The only way to get rid of the DRM of an iTunes file would be to burn it on cd-rom and the to re-import it. Works, but not very comfortable. You may "collect" the titles and then burn them to cd-rw to re-import. Another opportunity as already suggested would be to buy Itunes "plus" titles for EUR 1,29 -if I remember the price correctly- without DRM, sometime ago Apple was even offering to "upgrade" already purchased titles for a lower price.3. Your looking for the "Festplattendienstprogramm". Find it under: Name Deiner Systempartition_Programme_Dienstprogramme_Festplattendienstprogramm. Here you can select, which disc to format (be careful not to format your harddisc) and which format you want (look under "Löschen"). Sorry guys, he said, he uses a german OS.Hope this helps.Regards, beoberlin
  • 10-04-2007 5:14 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

beoberlin:
    ... The only way to get rid of the DRM of an iTunes file would be to burn it on cd-rom and the to re-import it. Works, but not very comfortable. ...

That's what I was thinking to do, but I was to lazy to try it. But I will do this week-end.

@all: Thanks very much for your help, keep posting if you have other ideas!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 10-04-2007 5:25 PM In reply to

For future downloads you could give the amazon download store a try: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=gw_br_mp3/002-3097415-0026435?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=163856011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-nav-1&pf_rd_r=0435FMT3GS2KJ6KVHZ74&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=313702901&pf_rd_i=507846. I didn´t try it yet but it´s said to work even with european credit cards, if you give a (fake) american address. Interisting prices and files without DRM.
    Regards, beoberlin
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)