in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-27-2007 9:49 AM by dilznik. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-26-2007 10:32 AM

Isn't the Beosystem 3 hugely overpriced nowadays?

Until a few months back, the Beosystem 3 was quit unique. An AV-unit with 4 HDMI inputs was quit exeptional.

But now several manufacturers like Denon, Onkyo and Pioneer have lauched AV-recievers with 4 HDMI inputs and a lot more. And they all include 7 end-amplifiers with high power. The Beosystem 3 does not include    end--amplifiers so must be even cheaper to make. For the rest when I compare, they offer even more then the Beosystem 3.  

They all do premium upscaling aswell. And that for a price around €1500,-

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/product_en_5747009.html

http://www.denon.co.uk/site/frames_main.php?main=prod&ver=&MID=3&sub=1&action=detail&Pid=340

So it must be a lot now for B&O to make the Beosystem 3 I suppose? So I think it is time that B&O adjust the price of the system because their ain't much special anymore it offers.

What do you think?

• 09-26-2007 11:05 AM In reply to

Re: Isn't the Beosystem 3 hugely overpriced nowadays?

And I suppose the usual reply will be :

Don't compare specs - compare pictures. It would be a bit daft if the BS3 had amplifiers in as they only sell active speakers - though I realise that this is not the point you are making. I am sure that the products you list are worthy of note. But they don't work in a B&O system.

For anyone buying a new system, clearly they should have a look at the opposition which will be cheaper and some may well be excellent. B&O is however about the whole system as a package and can also be seen as a lifestyle package. It is expensive but no-one has to buy it! Laughing

• 09-26-2007 11:56 AM In reply to

• archie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Paris
    • Posts 497
    • Bronze Member

"...But they don't work in a B&O system..."

Of course not, you can use the preamplifier output of the denon to connect with Belobabs without problems.

i was interesting by the BS3 but the price is too high for a black box.

DU BEAU, DU BON, DU BO.

• 09-26-2007 12:10 PM In reply to

I was thinking more of distribution of signal in an ML set up and AV integration rather than the speaker connections. You are of course correct about using variable line output.
  • 09-26-2007 12:31 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

It'll become overpriced when anything produces a better picture to my eyes and costs less, and has greater flexibility.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 09-26-2007 1:11 PM In reply to

"It'll become overpriced when anything produces a better picture to my eyes and costs less, and has greater flexibility."

There are plenty of products out there with better picture, less cost and greater flexibility, yet we still buy B&O.

B&O is a lifestyle product and you pay for design, userinterface, brand and simplicity. What you are not getting is "bang for your buck", multi zone systems where you can listen to different sources in different rooms, high quality video distribution, HD DVD, Blu-ray etc.. and again we still buy B&O :-)

Specifically regarding Beosystem 3, you should compare with dedicated video processors such as DVDO etc which are USD2-4k  and not receivers with build in video processing.

• 09-26-2007 3:57 PM In reply to

Overpriced, yes ( Bingo and I are Dutch …)

Before the Beosystem 3 introduction, the rumour was “Danish B&O resellers told B&O that Beosystem 3 was to cheap"  So today we have the price it is now…. a shame.

A lower price should be possible, how about a Beosystem 3 without Home automation, without 2nd video out, without 7.1 speaker setup.

Still: Beosystem 3 + a non B&O Plasma (or projector) is a better price deal than the BV7 for some of us.

Regards, Robert

• 09-27-2007 9:49 AM In reply to

"Looks" barely count for the BeoSystem3... it's a black and silver box you hang on your wall with a jillion cables coming out of it.  The question is, what would happen if I hooked up BL6000s to both my BS4 and the Onkyo (or anything else with RCA pre-amp outs) in order to switch from the stereo to the surround sound?  Then I could get some BL4000s for the center and rear speakers.  Then I could dump my Philips HTS9800 off on someone and use my BS4 for stereo and the Onkyo and my 42" LCD for the one time a month I watch a DVD.

All that magic playing DVDs on a 90 euro DVD player =)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)