in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-16-2007 10:46 AM by Chrisreunion. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-15-2007 4:56 AM

BeoPort/Beolink PC2 integration with BV3

Hi

I have recently bought a Beoport device and designing software for a living, I was confident I could integrate this into my current setup.

However having read the instruction manual and various posts/FAQ I am significantly more confused than when I started. My current setup is 28" BV3 with optional Dolby Surround sound card and masterlink socket. I have a pair of BL8000s connected to the Dolby card as front speakers. So at the moment I do not have an audio master. I am looking to retain this specific setup and connect the Beoport device via masterlink to the BV3 and play NMUSIC and NRADIO through the BL8000s.

Having read specifically http://www.beoworld.org/faq_view.asp?id=20 and http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=149#516_42925 I was encouraged that I could configure the Beoplayer software on my pc to act as an audio master. I then fell to thinking how do I request  NMUSIC via my BEO4. My current thinking is that, having added NMUSIC/NRADIO to my BEO4, the only IR receiver I have in my system is the BV3. However the list of NMUSIC/NRADIO aware Beovisions (as per the first link) appears to exclude my 28" BV3.

Can someone please confirm whether my objective is achievable (a) given my current equipment and (b) if not with my current equipment, if I were to buy say a Beosound 4 to act as an audio master. I have a suspicion that because my BV3 is supposedly not NMUSIC aware that I cannot play NMUSIC through the BL8000s whilst they are connected to the Dolby card. It is essential that the BL8000s remain connected to the BV3 Dobly card as I have a freeview box and dvd player connected to the beovision and hence use them as part of a surround sound setup.

Any input would by much appreciated.

downtime. 

• 10-15-2007 7:37 AM In reply to

• MikaelB
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Herning, Denmark
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Re: BeoPort/Beolink PC2 integration with BV3

Hi downtime 

I have not tested if a BeoPort can be an audio master, as I already have a BeoSound 3000 as audio master.

But if you decide to buy a BeoSound 4 to act as audio master. It will be connected to your BeoVision via masterlink and your speakers will still be connected via the surround processor. So when you press cd, the cd player in BeoSound 4 will start and the surround processor will start in speaker 2 mode with the picture muted. Hense your BL8000s will play your cd, while still beeing connected to the TVs surrond processor. The same goes for N.Music.

If your BeoPort can be act as an audio master you will need an IR eye for it.

/MikaelB

• 10-15-2007 11:09 AM In reply to

Hi, your BeoPort can act as audio master with your BV3, I use mine like that: I have a BV3 32 with the Dolby card, linked to BeoPort via Masterlink, and no audio master at all. Video system is in option 2, BeoPort as well (as I have the IR eye, otherwise stick to option 0).

The nice thing is that when you press "CD" , it starts the PC CD , since there is no other CD player in the setup.

Then you simply need to add NMUSIC and NRADIO to your LIST on the Beo4, and that's it!  

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 10-15-2007 5:49 PM In reply to

Yes like chrisreunion says you need to set your TV in option 2 and beoport in option 0, 1 or 2..
  • 10-16-2007 6:55 AM In reply to

• Thomas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 85
    • Founder

Want to try a similar setup with an Avant DVD and Beoport (Using the Beoport as audio master). 

I know that having the beoport as an audio master it is sound from that that will be distributed in my MasterLink setup. However I wonder if it is possible to also have an Ouverture connected to the Avant for local use. I know it is not supposed to be used in connection with Beoport but can I still use the Ouverture in the main room?

Any thoughts if this is possible ?

Br

Thomas

7-40 Mk3, Beo5/Beo4, Avant32DVD, BS3K, PentaIII, BL4K, BL Active w/BL2500, Avant28CTV,Beoport, AppleTV, 2xBC6K

• 10-16-2007 7:05 AM In reply to

• Bart
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

Unlike the BV3-32 the 28" is not a video master. If I remember correctly the BV3-32 has the Avant chassis where the BV3-28 is of a much simpler design: no video master, no ML, no DTS etc (most items were optional).

Anyway, the Beoport should be able of working without an audio or video master so it is probably a matter of option settings!

Bart

• 10-16-2007 10:46 AM In reply to

Thomas,

Connecting BeoPort + Avant + Ouverture will work with lots of limitations...I had this setup & sold the Ouverture, first because it became quickly useless with thousands of NRADIO stations available, and also because it eventually had  to be disconnected from the Masterlink network.

To operate all 3 products I had to put the Ouverture  in option 0, BeoPort & Avant in option 2, BUT:

- the Ouverture was in one room, and could only control its sources (RADIO/CD/TAPE) without the remote (option 0), and via a BeoLink Converter (type 1611)/ nothing will work through the Masterlink socket!

- my PC could control all audio & video sources

- the Avant in another room could also control all audio & video sources & even display NMUSIC and NRADIO on its upper display.

The problem is with the Ouverture, that, once in option 0, doesn't do much, except if you have your BeoLab speakers connected to BeoPort & an infra-red receiver , all this in the room where the Ouverture is- this will be the only way to control your Ouverture via Beo4.

To summarize, it would work with a video system in one room, and an audio/PC system in another, (or all this in one room only!), but won't work if you want 3 systems in 3 rooms.

Reunion Island is greeting you!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)