in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-21-2007 2:50 AM by Coolskin. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-20-2007 12:40 AM

Beocentre 6 as computer monitor

I'm just wondering what people think of the Beocentre 6 if used as a computer monitor. I was thinking either the Apple cinema screen 30" or the Beocentre 6. The resolution on the Apple screen is higher but I like the design of the BC6 better on my desk. I am wondering if there is anyone with the experience of using a Beocentre 6 as Monitor. I will also be watching digit tv on my computer.
  • 09-20-2007 1:12 AM In reply to

• Ruivar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-12-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 72
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beocentre 6 as computer monitor

Hi,

One of my friends uses a 22 inch Beovision 6 as a computer screen. And it just looks awesome. Right now he is thinking about using the 26 inch instead. The frame is just superb... I can fully recommend it!

So I think the Beocenter 6 will do the same for you... You just have an integrated radio tuner too.

Ruivar

• 09-20-2007 8:29 AM In reply to

• rhone
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 10
    • Founder

I have being using a beovision 6 - 26" for the past year and it works and looks great. I also use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard so that i can sit further away if needed and control everything thru my beo4

Rhone. 

• 09-20-2007 9:55 AM In reply to

Apple 30" monitor is much better than BC6(more resolution and has 2 DVI), and the price is lower.

Borja
  • 09-20-2007 11:19 AM In reply to

Borjal84:

Apple 30" monitor is much better than BC6(more resolution and has 2 DVI), and the price is lower.

With all due respect, Borjal84, I don't agree. I have Apple monitors (I'm an Apple addict) and I have been considering the BeoVision 8 as a computer monitor, as I like the shape and image.

My 50" plasma has the same resolutions as the BC6 and BC8, and I'm typing this using a bluetooth keyboard at a distance of four meters, using that screen as a monitor.
    I've tested the BV8 resolution, and it is absolutely satisfactory for me on the 26", and I have studied it on the BC6 as well. I'm going with the BV8 because it fits with the design of the rest of my office - and I kind of like having something that's different from the now ubiquitous Apple monitors used everywhere in my branch of business.

As to the top resolution on the Cinema Display from Apple, I'd say that comes in useful when you are doing close-in graphics work, photography, graphics design, etc. Otherwise it is an unnecessarily high resolution, and sometimes even tiring to the eye. And if you want to use the monitor to watch movies, etc., using your computer as source, then you'll use less processing power and therefore hear the fan less with the standard PC resolution -- worth thinking about.

• 09-20-2007 11:28 AM In reply to

Apple should introduce Leopard in november, which is meant to feature resolution independance.

That is to say that you'll be able to zoom the screen and choose at what size the interface elements are displayed. Solving exactly your problem.

That said... this feature is not visible in the latest beta versions.

p.

• 09-20-2007 3:53 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

My local dealer runs a BeoCenter 6 as a computer display, and it works fantastically. Sure there are higher-resolution displays out there, such as the ACDs (which are kinda insanely-high-res), but the BeoVisions/Centers just do make fantastic displays. The built in speakers also work brilliantly. A beautiful display also needs a beautiful image to go on the screen, so it works best with a Mac (no ugly start buttons or 'glass' black windows for me thanks).

Weekly top artists:                   

• 09-20-2007 4:01 PM In reply to

• cozza
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • New Zealand
    • Posts 119
    • Bronze Member

I have used a BV6 22 for a computer monitor for a couple of years now. It is perfect for me, as my office has bright sunlight in the afternoon, and the anti reflective coating works very well to minimise the glare. I don't need a high resolution monitor for the stuff that I do. It's nice to not need additional speakers on the desk as well.
  • 09-20-2007 4:10 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Well for £265 and some white paint, i chose to have 76 inches of projection on my wall. I'm curious about the resolution independance thing though. Currently I only switch to the projector for films because the text on my screen doesn't display properly with it. The screen resolution also changes when i put it in. I'll admit that I don't know too much when it comes to screen ratios, but is this deliberate, fixable, automatic, being changed, or what, with leopard? i  suppose this is perhaps better asked on the beo-mac forum
  • 09-21-2007 2:50 AM In reply to

Please be informed you will not see 6 pixels from top to bottom on the right side of the screen.
    This is due to the screen resolution.
    This is also the case on my BV7 - 32" but at a distance of 3 meters this isn't noticable.
    When you sit closer it can be annoying...
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)