in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-17-2007 5:39 PM by joeyboygolf. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-17-2007 9:06 AM

BeoSystem AV9000

I am considering buying one of these TVs to use in the main bedroom as I really like the styling. Could I call upon the 'BeoExperts' to offer advice on what specific TV to try and source as I am sure there are several different models covering its 7 year lifespan. Does the TV use a flat screen or the older curved screens? Please do contact me if you have one for sale. The TV must be scratch free and unmarked. Not worried about the tube as I will replace it with a new one. I would therefore also be grateful for advice on the cost of a new tube. Thanks in advance for all help offered.

Simon.     

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 09-17-2007 9:37 AM In reply to

Re: BeoSystem AV9000

It is a great TV indeed.

One of the issue is that you may be limited to the number of external sources you connect to it. You can use an AVX2 to get an extra source.

There is basically an older model, which is 2 way and works with the Master panel AV 9000. There is a newer model, which is 1 way and works with the Ouverture or any Master Link hifi.

p.

• 09-17-2007 9:46 AM In reply to

Not sure it is what I would choose for the following reasons:

1. It is big (and very heavy!!!) but is still just a 4:3 28" set.

2. It has a VCR rather than DVD.

3. It will not act a a slave, only a master so connecting to your main system by ML is not really a sensible option.

4. The STB-C is a little flaky to say the least as it works via V.Aux rather than Sat. Means you use the List button on the Beo4.

5. Limited colours - mainly blue though some of the more discerning customers have black!

I would seriously consider the Beovision 1/Beocenter 1 which has similar styling but is more modern, accepts ML and has a wide range of stand options more suitable for a bedroom. They are also stereo unlike the AV9000 which is mono and requires extra speakers.

Don't get me wrong - the AV9000 is great, but buy one with your eyes open. If you do get one, go for the latest you can and the tube will not need replacing for years. The early ones have some issues with connectivity which are worth avoiding.

• 09-17-2007 2:47 PM In reply to

Like Peter, I am also an owner of one of these beasties ... I love mine to bits and dont miss the DVD Avant at all!  Just wait for the flames ...

Wait for the flames to die out ... personally I am not a big fan of the whole linking thing anyway, so that doesnt worry me ... and other than the suggestion of a BV1 ... which is (in my opinion) not a patch on the AV9000 ... I agree entirely with Peter.

Neil

• 09-17-2007 4:19 PM In reply to

Be aware that the AV9000 is 50 HZ TV. If you now also have 50 HZ then you are used to it, but if you now watch a 100HZ or at least aflickering-free television, maybe it is difficult to go back to 50 HZ.
  • 09-17-2007 4:43 PM In reply to

Thanks for some really helpful replies. A very good point about the 50Hz consideration Bingo, thanks for that. Just like you Nobby I too would rarely make use of the masterlink functionality although I do have that option in my current setup should I need it. I looked at the BeoCenter 1 which is interesting in terms of playing DVDs but it doesn't quite have the unique styling of the AV9000 which I really like. Guess I have a few things to weigh up. Some excellent points from Peter and wtlc2zpx so again, many thanks to you both. If someone could mention some prices I would appreciate it. Interested to know what a mint AV9000 would typically sell for and the cost of a new tube. Perhaps the same again for the BeoCenter 1 although it seems nobody (MoreThanAV and LifeStyleAV checked so far) has got a BeoCenter 1 in stock. MoreThanAV does have an AV9000 though. Is there a better TV for a bedroom? Which one, and why?

Thanks, Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 09-17-2007 5:23 PM In reply to

Bingo:
    Be aware that the AV9000 is 50 HZ TV. If you now also have 50 HZ then you are used to it, but if you now watch a 100HZ or at least aflickering-free television, maybe it is difficult to go back to 50 HZ.

I beg to disagree! (polite way of saying "that's rubbish"). I have MX6000, MS6000, MX7000, AV9000, Avant 32DVD, BV6-22 and several MX4000's in my house. The most "comfortable" screen to watch is probably the MS6000 in the dining room. The Avant is good but the 100hz signal processing is not that good, especially for sport.

Regards Graham

• 09-17-2007 5:38 PM In reply to

Must confess that I agree with Graham. I cannot detect any flicker on my AX9000 either and moving balls are better on the AV9000. Films are better on the Avant though and the control interface is improved - especially for satellite.
  • 09-17-2007 5:39 PM In reply to

The Beonic Man:

Thanks for some really helpful replies. A very good point about the 50Hz consideration Bingo, thanks for that. Just like you Nobby I too would rarely make use of the masterlink functionality although I do have that option in my current setup should I need it. I looked at the BeoCenter 1 which is interesting in terms of playing DVDs but it doesn't quite have the unique styling of the AV9000 which I really like. Guess I have a few things to weigh up. Some excellent points from Peter and wtlc2zpx so again, many thanks to you both. If someone could mention some prices I would appreciate it. Interested to know what a mint AV9000 would typically sell for and the cost of a new tube. Perhaps the same again for the BeoCenter 1 although it seems nobody (MoreThanAV and LifeStyleAV checked so far) has got a BeoCenter 1 in stock. MoreThanAV does have an AV9000 though. Is there a better TV for a bedroom? Which one, and why?

Thanks, Simon.

I sold a mint AV9000 complete with MCAV just last week for £600. I wouldn't worry too much about the tube 'cos nobby is not far up the M4 from you and he can supply and fit if required at a very reasonable price. (bank account details will be supplied,nobby!)

Beocenter 1 will be more expensive ~£900-1000 and remember that the screen is considerably smaller and they are very expensive to fix if they go wrong! 

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)