in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-31-2007 5:25 PM by Jandyt. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2007 2:58 AM

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Register your Warranty

Quote- "All it takes to ensure complete coverage by Bang & Olufsen’s industry-leading warranty is to register your purchase."

Doesn't say how to register?

• 08-29-2007 3:31 AM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Re: Register your Warranty

Your dealer is the one who will take care of it... Each time you buy a B&O item, the dealer will transfer the buyer intel (name, address, etc...) to his/her national B&O headquarters.They will register your warranty and send you back by post mail a leaflet reminding your name, address as well as the item description, its serial number, the date of purchase, and the date when the warranty expires.

Nothing to do really except waiting for your postman..

Philippe

• 08-29-2007 3:34 AM In reply to

When you buy a new B&O product they should send you a guarantee certificate which confirms the date of purchase of the product and provides a registration number. So, the customer does not register, but the dealer registers the sale which generates this certificate from B&O

Regards Keith....

• 08-29-2007 3:52 AM In reply to

Hm, actually i bought severall B&O items this year (BS4, BL4s etc.). My dealer (the bad one that i don't visit anymore) actually told me that time, that he would register the items with B&O.

But i never got anything from B&O after this, no certificate or confirmation or whatever. Perhaps this is different in Switzerland? Or is it again my previous dealer who did not do his job? 

• 08-29-2007 4:06 AM In reply to

In all countries its the dealers responsibility. In fact, I understand they get measured on this.

If you did not receive the certificates I would either speak to B&O or your dealer.

You can see what it looks like HERE the top half of the document which in the sample is blank will have your name & address as well as the dealers.

Regards Keith....

• 08-29-2007 7:13 AM In reply to

Thanks for the scan Keith, that was very helpful.

I never got anything like this, in fact i never got any mail form B&O either. 

So i just called my previous dealer (where i bought that items from some 6 months ago) and asked him if he did register my items to B&O. He told me that he did, but i also told him that i never got any confirmation etc. So he will now check to see what this is about. But actually i think that won't work, this dealer is so bad in quality and service, that i am not really sure he will manage this task. Well... i know why i changed my B&O dealer...

• 08-29-2007 7:32 AM In reply to

• JoC
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-20-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 121
    • Bronze Member

Off all the B&O I have bought the only items I have no certificate for are the keyring & the A8 earphones (maybe they are too small to justify a certificate!!!).

I did get two certificates for the BV7 - but only becuse the shop made a typo on the original invoice, so when they resubmitted the 2nd fixed invoice I got another certificate for the TV.

So yes, your dealer should of sorted out a certificate for you.

JoC 

• 08-29-2007 7:38 AM In reply to

• PeterC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Bristol
    • Posts 20
    • Bronze Member

The keyring and A8s shouldn't be too small. I bought a couple of Beo4 wall brackets and got a separate certificate for each!

Pete 

• 08-29-2007 7:41 AM In reply to

JoC

You should get a certificate for everything you purchase from a B&O store no matter how small except spare parts. So you should get it for your A8 and keyring as well.

Regards Keith....

• 08-29-2007 7:50 AM In reply to

• JoC
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-20-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 121
    • Bronze Member

Thanks...

Well the keyring is now about 4/5 years old and was bought as a gift, still works, so I guess the certificate is now irrelevent...

The A8s where bought while on holiday in the US, so I never really expected a certificate to be sent back to the UK, but ironically enough I think the right arm over the ear needs replaced... so I guess I may need to talk nicely to my local dealer.

• 08-29-2007 1:46 PM In reply to

• beodim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 130
    • Founder

Daniel Seiler:

But i never got anything from B&O after this, no certificate or confirmation or whatever. Perhaps this is different in Switzerland?

This is not different in Switzerland. You are supposed to get a warranty confirmation letter directly from B&O Switzerland for every purchased product. If you have not received this, call B&O and complain.

BV7-40, BC6-26, DVD2, BCordV8000, BS4, BS2, BS Ouverture, BC9500, BM8000, BCord9000, BL8000, BL6000, BL2, BL3, BVox4500, BCom6000, Beomedia1, BCom5, Serenata

• 08-29-2007 2:22 PM In reply to

beodim:

This is not different in Switzerland. You are supposed to get a warranty confirmation letter directly from B&O Switzerland for every purchased product. If you have not received this, call B&O and complain.

Thanks for this information! So it's obviously like i already thought, my (previous) dealer did not register one item of those i bought. So i gave him a call today, and he will do it. He stumbled something of "did not know that you can register items with B&O" bla bla. I hope this works now. If not i will call B&O Switzerland directly and complain. 

• 08-30-2007 8:05 PM In reply to

• joynsyde
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-09-2007
    • Midwest, U.S.A.
    • Posts 130
    • Bronze Member

Does anyone know if this is the same process in the USA?  When I buy my B&O things (I always buy from a dealer) all that information, including serial number, shows up on the receipt.  But I've never been mailed a separate card or certificate. I know the warranty was registered, because when I call my dealer or the national headquarters, they can see all my products and serial numbers when they type my name into their database. Has anyone else in the USA received a certificate?

Have a happy day!

...my two cents ~AJ
  • 08-31-2007 5:25 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Strange, that!
    I have received certificates for all my new products even though I have gotten them from four different dealers.
    About two rears ago, I bought a Beocom pyramid charger whilst on holiday in Spain (Puerto Banus), I even got a certificate through the post for that!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)