in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-31-2007 5:21 PM by Bingo. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-31-2007 11:44 AM

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

IFA Berlin

The IFA in Berlin starts this weekend. I just checked their site, and I was a little surprised not to find B&O at such an important exhibition. Any comments/ explications?

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 08-31-2007 12:28 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

Re: IFA Berlin

tom:
    The IFA in Berlin starts this weekend. I just checked their site, and I was a little surprised not to find B&O at such an important exhibition. Any comments/ explications?

B&O often dont exhibit at what are considered to be important fairs and with the ever rising costs many companies are thinking twice about it.

As an exhibitor I can tell you its murder that show!! - far to long- It used to be mainly trade with  af ew last days for the public; Now its more of a consumer show with the public in most of the time.

In addition the show is very much for the technology aware and i doubt it does the staff morale of B&O much good in an environment like that! When B&O had their own 'tent' outside a few years ago it was empty

Well done B&O if they have decided not to come!

• 08-31-2007 1:00 PM In reply to

I guess it's a kind of compensation that B&O's dealer meetings are held in Berlin this fall ... Smile

They rarely take part in CE conventions and exhibitions. 

• 08-31-2007 3:01 PM In reply to

• joynsyde
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-09-2007
    • Midwest, U.S.A.
    • Posts 130
    • Bronze Member

These kinds of events are usually much like the fun fair.  A bunch of booths, bright lights, and gimmicky gadgets. Everyone trying to yell louder than the person next to him, and each business bragging about their latest technology.  This is undignified and not really B&O's style, I think.

I attend the AES (Audio Engineering Society) conventions when I can, and while the conference parts are usually enlightening and inspiring, I find the exhibitor floors to be tacky.  Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a B&O booth on the exhibitor's floor of the last year's convention (in San Francisco, '06).  However, B&O was represented at the convention--they sent one of their "Tonmeisters" to present a paper.  (I believe it was about room acoustics, but I can't remember exactly, to be honest.  I remember being very impressed.) That's more B&O style. Leave flashy /empty marketing to other businesses.

...my two cents ~AJ
  • 08-31-2007 5:21 PM In reply to

I also remember the B&O iglo ´s on the IFA.

On the other hand, Loewe is always on the IFA so why can ´t B&O ?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)