in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-23-2007 1:15 AM by dredduk. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2007 5:16 PM

Beocom 6000 - Power on problems

Hi,

I hope someone can help, and that this wouldn't cost too much :)

I have a Beocom 6000 (battery compartment says 99W39, and it was bought around 1999). I haven't used it for a very long time, and it appears to not want to take a charge.

If I place it on the base with no battery in, it lights up, the screen says it's searching for a base, and all appears well. As soon as I plug the battery in the phone goes dead (the red light stops blinking, the green light remains on the charging base).

I'm assuming that either a) the battery is completely stuffed, or b) the charging circuit of the phone is knackered. I've googled for a replacement battery without much luck (apparently there is a Dantona or Sanyo battery that fits).

Does anyone have any advice, other than chuck it? I can't really afford to get it fixed at the service centre (my local one wanted £40 just to take a look at it, because they send it back to B&O).

Thanks in advance

Steve

• 08-21-2007 6:33 PM In reply to

Re: Beocom 6000 - Power on problems

I would assume from this that the battery is dead. At least it would be a good place to start.

Batteries are available for about 6-8 Euros on ebay.de

Just search for beocom 6000 and you will find several suppliers.

Regards Graham

• 08-23-2007 1:15 AM In reply to

Re: Beocom 6000 - Power on problems

Great, I've just ordered one
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)