in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-16-2008 4:20 PM by nico vercammen. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-13-2008 11:50 AM

BeoMedia

Gentlemen,

After experimenting with BeoMedia and video playback, I've found it to be quite excellent for storage and playback of movies and television shows downloaded from bit torrent. However, I can see a time in the near future where 250GB is not enough memory. Is it possible to connect an external hard drive? Has anyone tried this?

Thanks! 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-13-2008 12:18 PM In reply to

Re: BeoMedia

• 02-13-2008 12:34 PM In reply to

Thanks Mr. A,

Is there anything that needs to be set up, or will the connection simply "assimilate" the outboard memory?

-Trip 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-13-2008 1:13 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

You are correct, in that the video programs take a lot of the 250 memory. USB is one way to connect, with Firewire 400 or 800 a much faster method.

I had to train the PC ( and our MacP ) to trigger the external hard drive from searching each and every time when using the Beomedia. This is somewhat like the Beoport automatically performing a scan function on N.Music, rather than a click to the appropriate drive.

You can take stored programs and convert and burn them to DVD. I am not real happy with the final quality, but it can be done.

• 03-16-2008 4:20 PM In reply to

hi,

I connected an external usb disk to the beomedia
    OS recogizes the disk and i see all the files with explorer
    But how do I tell the beo soft to scan also for files on the usb disk ?
    Is it also possibe to scan a networked drive ?

nico

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)