in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-03-2007 3:28 PM by Jandyt. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-03-2007 8:20 AM

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Beosound for the 21th century: The miuro robot

Hi,

check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFxpuUMil5U 

www.miuro.com 

This is a robot and music system combined in one. As read on some reviews the sound seems to be very impressive (it's a 2 way stereo system) because ZMP (the company that developed the miuro-robot) worked together with Kenwood for the speaker and audiopart design.

You can dock in any ipod (starting from 3rd Generation to ipod mini, nano etc.) or another audio-player (audio in) for music or just connect it to internet radio (without PC!) or connect it to your Mac or PC.

It has the B & O price range, too: 1000 Euros and available in white, black or yellow.

I will have a hard conversation with my (future) wife where the money went and what this "thing" is ;-)

• 08-03-2007 12:03 PM In reply to

• joynsyde
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-09-2007
    • Midwest, U.S.A.
    • Posts 130
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beosound for the 21th century: The miuro robot

No offense, but you really have to be kidding!!  This is just another tacky toy with flashing lights. It has no design appeal, no dignity, and there's no way it could sound good-- plastic encased, tiny speakers playing compressed files and running on batteries...  Its only use would be to titillate tech-heads for a month or so, then it will be thrown in the closet like a child's Christmas toy.

Please tell me you're joking! Unsure

(And get your wife some BeoLab 8000s! Smile

...my two cents ~AJ
  • 08-03-2007 12:38 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I'm quite happy with my BeoSystem, and I know it can't fall down the stairs by it's own accord or run away when I just want to listen to some music!

Seriously though, that is not a hifi system, it's a musical furby.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 08-03-2007 12:45 PM In reply to

TWG:

I will have a hard conversation with my (future) wife where the money went and what this "thing" is ;-)

Sorry, but she is absolutely right! As Aj said: use the 1000Euro to buy some proper audio stuff and not such a plastic gimmick!

• 08-03-2007 1:01 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Looks like one expensive Dog toy. Can just see my Dog destroying that in 3 seconds flat.LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

CraigSmile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 08-03-2007 3:28 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

joynsyde:

No offense, but you really have to be kidding!!  This is just another tacky toy with flashing lights. It has no design appeal, no dignity, and there's no way it could sound good-- plastic encased, tiny speakers playing compressed files and running on batteries...  Its only use would be to titillate tech-heads for a month or so, then it will be thrown in the closet like a child's Christmas toy.

Please tell me you're joking! Unsure

(And get your wife some BeoLab 8000s! Smile

Hear hear!
    I'm sure he was joking!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)