in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-17-2012 9:23 AM by Tomaz. 24 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (25 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2012 1:24 AM

New BeoSound or BeoCenter for 2012 ?

Somebody know if Bang & Olufsen will launch a new Audio or Audio/Video system

during the coming year ? Thank you for your answer and Happy New Year either !

Pascal - Alsace / France

• 01-13-2012 8:49 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Re: New BeoSound or BeoCenter for 2012 ?

Since they already launched a new pair of wall speakers, lets hope they re-launch this - 

Evan

• 01-13-2012 10:13 AM In reply to

Talked to my dealer but he did not know anything about new Audiosystem in 2012. Just about a entry level TV that should come in later springtime. Might be under Beoplay and standalone (for the moment)...

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 01-13-2012 10:52 AM In reply to

I completely agree with you Evan ! This system was personnally the best design from Bang & Olufsen ! Smile

• 01-13-2012 2:36 PM In reply to

• Tomaz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-07-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 74
    • Gold Member

Evan:

Since they already launched a new pair of wall speakers, lets hope they re-launch this - 

But seriously , look at those beauties ,  like they just came from the CES 2012 , still fresh looking :-D

TT

• 01-13-2012 2:47 PM In reply to

I agree and I guess i am lucky to remember these at the time! I remember totally falling in love with the 2500 system in about 1991!!!  It was totally unique!... and it still is!

I guess it's super hard to get excited by BeoLit 12 blocks when we had these beauties over 20 years ago - bit sad really that the world is evolving but Hifi isnt as exciting as it was in the 80s and 90s :'(

• 01-13-2012 3:37 PM In reply to

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • dublin
    • Posts 130
    • Gold Member

Evan.....lovely lovely lovely....stunning

what is it...im not familair with it (to my great shame!!)  its so beautiful.

whenever I walk into my living room n see my Beosound9000 above the fireplace and the Beolab 5's, I feel happy :)

BeoVision 7-40 MKIV with BeoLab 7-4 Vertical speaker, BeoSound 9000 CD/Tuner, Speakers are a pair of  BeoLab 5 in Black with a pair of BeoLab 4000 as rear speakers, and in bedroom BeoCentre 6-26 with BeoLab 8000's. Both the Kitchen and bathroom have Beolab3500's. BeoCom 2 and BeoCom 5 phones. Beo 6 and Beo4 remotes. LATEST ADDITION: Beogram 7000 with MMC2 stylus....

• 01-13-2012 4:03 PM In reply to

Paul it's the Beosystem 4500 from around 1990, 91, 92 i believe. 

In the movie "National Lamppons Christmas Vacation", the yuppys BM4500 explodes - but that's another story!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 01-13-2012 5:11 PM In reply to

• beopuig
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-28-2010
    • Barcelona-Catalonia
    • Posts 68
    • Bronze Member

Evan:

Absolutely right Evan. The most beautiful speakers I've ever seen and with  a very decent sound.

• 01-13-2012 9:58 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

I'm definitely hooked for life on these babies. The only difference between my setup and the one in the picture, is the speaker - I have a pair of BeoLab 5000s!!!!! Cool

Yes BeoBoy, they are king. 

Tomaz, if you think these look fresh, have a look at a White BeoSystem 4500!

Tod, they started producing them in 1988, I only know because mine were made that year Smile

Hi Paul, no problem, we will educate you! As Tod already mentioned, that is a BeoSystem 4500, consisting of BeoMaster, BeoCord, BeoGram, BeoGram CD and BeoLab 3000/4500/5000. A brilliant system all around. Here is a link to the famous movie clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oyUhRQr7_8

Evan

• 01-13-2012 10:29 PM In reply to

Smile I would like a new wall system BeoSound 12 with the line and spirit of the new BeoLab 12 !

• 01-14-2012 4:15 AM In reply to

• Tomaz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-07-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 74
    • Gold Member

BeoBoy68:

Smile I would like a new wall system BeoSound 12 with the line and spirit of the new BeoLab 12 !

I want to share something I designed in 2007 for Microsoft Next Gen. Design Competition , it lasted as Top 10 finalist designs, but someone in the microsoft jury mentioned , that it looked to much Bang Olufsen :) , do you like it ? It was conceived to be made of white aluminum .Not possible to made now..

TT

• 01-14-2012 9:15 AM In reply to

Tomaz 

Your project look like the compact system I would like to buy. Simply Excellent !

Why is not possible to build ? Did you propose it to Bang & Olufsen. Maybe you

will be lucky to win this time. Congratulations ! Smile

Pascal - Alsace / France

• 01-14-2012 1:01 PM In reply to

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • dublin
    • Posts 130
    • Gold Member

lovely design Tomaz!!! - clean n simple...I guess the put-down by Microsoft judge should reallybe taken as ultimate compliment. After all, what have microsoft ever designed that was beautiful? useful yes, beautiful?? Absolutely not.

Can you really imagine that Microsoft could ever have made anything using white alloy? What would they then do with their plastic junk mountain?????

BeoVision 7-40 MKIV with BeoLab 7-4 Vertical speaker, BeoSound 9000 CD/Tuner, Speakers are a pair of  BeoLab 5 in Black with a pair of BeoLab 4000 as rear speakers, and in bedroom BeoCentre 6-26 with BeoLab 8000's. Both the Kitchen and bathroom have Beolab3500's. BeoCom 2 and BeoCom 5 phones. Beo 6 and Beo4 remotes. LATEST ADDITION: Beogram 7000 with MMC2 stylus....

• 01-14-2012 2:25 PM In reply to

• Tomaz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-07-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 74
    • Gold Member

Thanks !

By looking it at today , I would probably remove the CD-drive section and replace it with a big navigation wheel :) but on the other hand why not keeping it ... with the BS5 you have to buy it extra to rip CD content comfortably ...the big screen disappears behind a white door, actually the same principle you know from the Beocenter 9500. 

An all white system without a visible black screen...With, not possible to made ,I was reffering to white coloured aluminum, this alloy is not possible to produce.

which would look like this , hey thats looking damn good ..I did a good job back in 2007 :)) I hate plastic :D

TT

• 01-14-2012 3:06 PM In reply to

I'm usually not a fan of the designs posted from time to time, but I like the unit you've designed, Tomaz. You're right that there's probably no need for as much hardware in the middle these days, but the screen is a nice touch. A worthy evolution of B&O design DNA.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-14-2012 10:45 PM In reply to

Tomaz

Your project is really nice ! 

We need the CD, hard-disk, Internet Radio. Concerning speakers,

can you try to design without black clothing but with an integrated

alu cover with small wholes for sound like see in the new Beolab 12.

Please contact Bang & Olufsen for your proposition. You have chance

the Master David Lewis let you the free entry... Come on! Let's go !

Cross fingers for you and for our future BeoSystem 12 ! I will buy it !

P.S: if you need encouragement or petitions I will support Smile

Pascal - Alsace / France

• 01-15-2012 11:40 AM In reply to

While I think CD is done, weren't there some rumblings about an update to Beosound 9000? Maybe they add a mp3 and net radio component to it.

I would not expect much else, this is the year of Beoplay

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 01-15-2012 2:55 PM In reply to

• Tomaz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-07-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 74
    • Gold Member

@Beoboy I appreciate your support ,but the world is little bit more complicated Smile so don't expect this design concept from B&o, anyway it was conceived for Microsoft working with embedded Windows No - thumbs down , and youre the only one who wants to buy it Big Smile But if I have time I will make a new one with subtle changes and in polished aluminum and with aluminum loudspeaker grill and post it in this thread.. 

TT

• 01-15-2012 6:40 PM In reply to

Hi Tomaz,

Thanks for your reply !

Not sure that I will be only one to buy it ! Wink

Please look at KEF with the alu Speaker Muron.

Maybe another brand will be interested by your

project. Awaiting your next draw with alucover !

Kind regards.

Pascal - Alsace /France

• 01-16-2012 12:54 PM In reply to

• Tomaz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-07-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 74
    • Gold Member

No sooner said than done, I recompiled it with new materials and removed the CD-section. The left door opens and goes under the right part and reveals the screen and control. Lets call it Beocenter 12 Whistle or Microsoft Mutimedia Ultra Entertainment System 1 + Bing search Engine Smile everyone is free to comment on this concept ... 

http://dreamlab-tt.tumblr.com/

TT

• 01-16-2012 2:11 PM In reply to

I like the high contrast design with black and white more... and I think I read somewhere (was it in the financial report?) that B&O is about to find out how to make white aluminum!

The shape is beautiful and very much like what B&O might have done, right down to the moving parts.

-mika

• 01-16-2012 3:08 PM In reply to

Tomaz

Amazing project and nice Minimal Art !

It is perfect for me, just want to see

through the aluminium the source and

the level for the volume that I play !

Great work again, hoping to see it on

the market ! Thank you again Smile

Kind regards.

Pascal - Alsace / France

• 01-16-2012 7:00 PM In reply to

Tomaz

Sure Tue Mantoni will approuve your project ...

Please post your draw to B&O Denmark, maybe

they are open-minded to new designer coming !

Please report us your answer from Struer, if you

have the courage to do. Remember I support you !

Kind Regards.

Pascal - Alsace / France

• 01-17-2012 9:23 AM In reply to

• Tomaz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-07-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 74
    • Gold Member

Pascal thanks, you lifted me up .. thats enough Big Smile

ok , Pascal I will send this one to Bno , and  promise, I will tell you the outcome.

tournedos:

I like the high contrast design with black and white more... and I think I read somewhere (was it in the financial report?) that B&O is about to find out how to make white aluminum!

The shape is beautiful and very much like what B&O might have done, right down to the moving parts.

Yes I found this article in danish http://ing.dk/artikel/121032--bang--olufsen-vil-skabe-hvid-aluminium

it seems theyre really working on it, in 2007 it was definetely not possible. White aluminum will change everything , the popular white color will be available with the durability of aluminum. Really great !

TT

Page 1 of 1 (25 items)