in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-07-2012 7:08 PM by Step1. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-07-2012 4:55 AM

Beogram 8000 arm issues

Hello! A friend gave a wrecked Beogram 8000 to me, I'm trying to get it in working order... After some work on finding missing parts (platter, screws,) , cleaning old grease,...the platter spins correctly (metal version tacho) but there are two intermittent arm "behaviours" (At first the arm did not even go down)

It sways across the platter and can't go back (while the carriage motor goes on spinning!)

It goes to the the first groove, arm goes down even when there's NO disc on the platter! (by the way it goes down fairly slowly which is pretty rare on this model!)

I've cleaned the different plugs on boards, which have solved the vertical arm movement in the first place, I suspect old caps may be faulty?

Bonne Année!

• 01-07-2012 1:58 PM In reply to

Re: Beogram 8000 arm issues

Smile...I've found the problem, definitly faulty caps: heating the " computer" casing with a hair dryer make it work fine for a short while....

• 01-07-2012 7:08 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Re: Beogram 8000 arm issues

I would not put that down to fault capacitors more likely dry joints / semiconductor. I think you should refrain from heating the processor can up as well!

Olly.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)