in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-07-2012 7:39 AM by clive497. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-30-2011 3:43 PM

Attyca 2 valuation question

Hi all, I'm new to the B&O forum and I joined because I own (since new) an original Attyca 2 stand. Its currently stored under cover and I would say it's in *almost* perfect condition - I'd say greater than 95% perfect from memory (its currently in the attic) so I'd need to check and confirm.

The thing is I don't know if I'd be able to make use of it again or if I should let it go to someone who would enjoy it, but I don't know how to value it. If anyone can advise I'd  be grateful. I'm in UK (outside London) if that helps. Many thanks

Filed under:
  • 10-30-2011 4:19 PM In reply to

Re: Attyca 2 valuation question

Hi Xanthos,

Based on previous discussions on this form re the same subject I am affraid that you will not get rich by selling your Attyca.

For some reason prices have dropped the past years and I believe anything around 50-80 GBP would be a fair price (if not less).

If it's not standing in the way (it is in the attic as you write) I would keep it and use it someday with a B&O system.

Ferdinand

BS9000, Beolab 3000, Beocenter 7002, RL60.2, beo4, BV10

• 10-30-2011 9:20 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

I paid 350 for a perfect one this year, involving many, many digital photos back and forth. This included some restoration of the table surfacing material. If your Attyca is 95 % intact, that is very good for any interested buyer !

That price did not include shipping. The seller constructed a very nice custom box with hex bolts, hinges, lock and hasp, foam padding, and caster wheel inserts. I have always wanted a good Attyca and paid the price the seller was asking for all his skill and effort.

We were going to then ship in on down to Brasil, but we decided to enjoy it here. The piece is very nice and will work well with most B&O stereo products. Even a simple BS 3, BS 1,  or other (perish the thought) non-B&O stereo looks fantastic placed on it.

My suggestion is to clean it up, take good digital photos with flash, and get an evaluation. This is a well made, well engineered item no longer made. There are buyers out there for Attyca and F100 series furniture. Start right here with BEOWORLD !

• 01-07-2012 7:39 AM In reply to

Dear Xanthos, 

I have been looking for an Attyca 2 stand for my B & O record deck and Beo sound 2300. I ve have just read your posting on the forum and if you are still considering selling your stand I would be interested in talking to you. Perhaps you could kindly let me know either way. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)