in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-30-2011 2:52 PM by rmclachlan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2011 11:59 AM

Wireless as replacment for Masterlink?

I have a BV7 and a BC2 in my living room. They are not masterlinked, so I have some issues with the Beo4 not quite controlling the setup e.g. trying to turn the TV off also turns the BC2 off, I presume this is because they are not linked via masterlink. However I do not want to have to raggle the walls to conceal any masterlink wiring - a big no-no as I completely redecorated last year. Would the B&O wireless system allow the BV7 & BC2 to be connected as though they were masterlinked?

*****After reading a recent post on the same topic. Problem solved by setting the v.opt & a.opt to 1 on the Beo4*****

• 12-28-2011 7:05 PM In reply to

Re: Wireless as replacment for Masterlink?

sadly no, the Wireless is meant for remote connection of link room speakers, not additional sources.

does it make sense to consider something like the new CAT7 approach ... that cable maybe thiner and more flexible than the ML.

I was think of suggesting using the CAT7 to connect the two systems via "ethernet over power" but I have no idea if that would actually work !

but maybe some other ethernet to ethernet wireless technology would do the job ?

does any one else know ? or tried this approach ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 12-29-2011 2:04 AM In reply to

Masterlink is an analogue signal and whether you use CAT or ML cables it needs to remain analogue. This means the Ethernet over Power or normal WiFi is no option! I do have ML over CAT wires but this needed double Cabling. Now I have 2 wires in each room: one for normal LAN and the other for ML distribution throughout the house.

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 12-30-2011 2:52 PM In reply to

Is there not an opportunity for B&O to develop a wireless/ethernet over power linking system so that setting up multiroom, or multi product systems does not involve remodelling & recorating your home?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)