in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-17-2011 3:48 PM by smitsav. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-15-2011 4:54 PM

Avant 28 without handset - How to change to DVD mode?

My Avant 28 was working fine with my SKY TV and normally displayed DVD on the small TV control screen on the top right of the TV. My kid slightly pushed the TV on it's swivel and now I can't get SKY on. The problem seems to be that the DVD mode has disappeared and I can't get it back as I have no handset. The Sky engineer managed to get it working without it so there must be a way. Can anyone help?

Thanks

• 11-16-2011 2:36 AM In reply to

Re: Avant 28 without handset - How to change to DVD mode?

If you switch off the Sky box and then switch it back on again the Avant should automatically detect it and switch to DVD mode. At least that is what happens with my ShowTime media box.

Tim

• 11-16-2011 5:26 PM In reply to

Hi thanks for your reply. I tried this but no luck the TV appears to be stuck on TV1 to TV9 or the SAT option using the buttons behind the small screen. I've tried pressing all the buttons in different orders hoping to get the DVD mode appear again but nada!

Any other ideas - maybe need to buy a 2nd hand handset which are pricey online I think about £80 - £100. If it doesn't work with that sell the handset again and try getting a TV engineer look at it. If that doesn't work sell the TV and buy a new one.

• 11-17-2011 3:05 PM In reply to

Hi,

Suggest you turn the tv off at the wall, then check the scart cables are firmly home on the tv and your other kit.  then turn the tv back on, and see if its bsck to OK....moving the tv could have loosened the scart, and sometimes these TV's need a full reset ( ie a power off/on cycle) to "see" everything.

• 11-17-2011 3:48 PM In reply to

Thanks that did the trick. A scart lead was loose and I hadn't noticed it before

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)