in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-14-2011 9:36 PM by beojeff. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-14-2011 2:17 PM

• psand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-05-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 48
    • Gold Member

BeoCenter 2 EOL

I just happened to read the Peter Pans Hjemmebio thread in the Nordic forum section. His latest post has a link to a recent BeoNEWS video (in English) where it is announced that BeoCenter 2 has reached end-of-life. Apparently production has already stopped, as only a "few hundred systems" remain.

I suppose this was inevitable, but I really had expected the BC2 to linger on for a few years now that the BS9000 and BS3200 are also gone.

An interesting piece of information is that 43,000 BC2 systems were produced since 2004.

• 11-14-2011 9:36 PM In reply to

Re: BeoCenter 2 EOL

It's a shame that B&O missed a great opportunity and neglected the BeoCenter 2 from the very beginning. I love the design, but it was technologically outdated from the very beginning. It lacked hdmi and even component cable connections and lacked video upscaling at a time when every other DVD player offered these features. B&O should have evolved the BeoCenter 2 into a blu-ray player media center with Hulu, Netflix, and other services -- just like every other blu-ray player on the market now. I have a BeoCenter 2 in my living room that hasn't been touched in 2 years. I'd love to add one to my Avant in the bedroom but there really is no point since my blu-ray player can handle all content and most of my dvds are getting replaced with blu-rays.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)