in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-17-2011 1:41 AM by SWISS_2. 31 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-20-2007 11:16 AM

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

what's the problem of my beosound 3?

well, today i try to turn on my beosound 3, it does not response. Even the "need-to-charge" indicator is not on. After I connect it to AC power, the charging indicator turn on. But I still cannot turn on the radio and even the clock immediately. i have recharged it for 15 mins already till now.

Also, it seems that the buttons are not functional now. But I try random try it, the radio can switch on now. But still, the function is totally incorrect.

what has happend to my dearest player??

Filed under:
  • 06-20-2007 11:56 AM In reply to

Re: what's the problem of my beosound 3?

It sounds like the battery was completely dead. Did you leave it on by mistake? I would charge it fully before trying to use it.
  • 06-20-2007 12:13 PM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

sounds like that.

but i cannot switch off it by pressing stand-by. The sensitivity of buttons is zero. Also, the time I switched on the radio is by pressing A. Mem

oh my god, very bad situation.
  • 06-20-2007 12:16 PM In reply to

Give it a full charge and then get back to us.
  • 06-20-2007 1:24 PM In reply to

• jro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 10
    • Bronze Member

does where you live has high humidity? I also have the same problem here in Hong Kong, dealer here suggested to use hair dryer, unfortunately it did not work for me, you might want to give a shot tho'
  • 06-20-2007 1:27 PM In reply to

Peter:
    It sounds like the battery was completely dead. Did you leave it on by mistake? I would charge it fully before trying to use it.
    Peter, I'm not sure this is possible. Mine switches automatically off if battery reaches a certain level.
    Marcus
  • 06-20-2007 1:42 PM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

yes, but this would not lead to malfunction of keys.

• 06-20-2007 1:50 PM In reply to

It seems like the BeoSound 3 has a number of different problems!
  • 06-20-2007 2:25 PM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

but all came suddenly today only.... last night it was still perfectly fine.

now i have accidently switched on it, but i cannot turn it off.
  • 06-20-2007 3:41 PM In reply to

Something certainly sounds wrong to me Beo. How long have you had it? Call your dealer tomorrow to see what he might have to say about the issue.
  • 06-20-2007 4:08 PM In reply to

Can the item be pin code protected?
  • 06-20-2007 4:41 PM In reply to

Coolskin:
    Can the item be pin code protected?

nop!

• 06-21-2007 4:24 AM In reply to

• djs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

I experienced the same problem with my BS3. It was returned to the dealer and the top plate with the buttons was replaced. It works fine now.
  • 06-21-2007 7:34 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Yes, I seem to remember quite a while back there was an extensive thread about issues with the touch-sensitive units on the top, it might have been on the old forum because I can't seem to find it. I thought the problems had been ironed out, but maybe not!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-21-2007 10:08 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

thank you all of you. I really appreciate your active and fast response. This only happens in B&O forum only. i feel warm here.

Well, finally, my BS3 has gone back to repair. I feel really disappointed about B&O on BS3 quality. In my mind, B&O means durability, B&O claims they have counted the predictable situations the player will face during the product life. Also, for BS3, it is just a simple machine with touch-sensitive buttons, I assume it can last for more than one decades. But now... it died for around 2 months!!!!!

Is B&O equal to quality anymore?
  • 06-21-2007 10:23 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I understand that you are not happy about your BS3, but I don't think that this points to a quality issue for B&O. I think compared to the millions of products sold, the number of the defect/ mulfunctioning products is very small. Every high priced brand tries to avoid problems, but they do occur. Let's just hope they deal with the problem at your satistaction.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-21-2007 11:04 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

well, i will still support B&O, as I still have the same idea with you.

but in fact, all my B&O have little problem.

BS3 has total malfunction problem as i said.

for beosound 2 + a8 - there is little connection problem at the headphone jack. 

for beocom 4 - I feel its echo sound is larger than other beocom and even other brands

and I will try beosound 1 and serene coming future.

• 06-21-2007 11:36 AM In reply to

I agree with Tom that it is very exceptional that B&O products go wrong. If you look at some of Andy's photos in his Struer diary post (as I like to call it), you can see to what lengths B&O go to make their products smoke and lorry-crash proof - literally!

All mechanicial items will go wrong at some point, it is impossible for them not to. I think you certainly did the right thing, to get your BS3 repaired ASAP under its warranty. Regarding your BS2, that really doesn't sound right either. You should have had that repaired under warranty if you've always had this problem at the jack connection. Even if it's no longer in warranty, I doubt it will be expensive for you to have repaired, because all it will need is a new standard jack socket which you can find on the poorest quality MP3 players as well.

• 06-21-2007 1:26 PM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

as i said, i do not lose faith to B&O. but am i really so unlukcy? If the chance is so low, I still can get 2 to 3 problem B&O, Why can't I win in gambling? haha
  • 06-21-2007 5:16 PM In reply to

Haha, shame the odds never seem to be in our favour. With exception to Leon who got a double whammy with his engagement and BeoSound 4!

Let us know what you hear back from the factory Beo.

• 06-22-2007 5:17 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

well, the reply is .....

It is a common problem for beosound 3, which is due to the production problem of the touch-panal, something like the layer is too thin, so the buttons are too sensitive. The production of beosound 3 has been stopped. they said is that they have to change a new panal for me.

I think it is not just an single unlucky case. This is the design and quality check mistake of B&O. All beosound 3 produced before may have the same problem.

• 06-22-2007 9:10 AM In reply to

Thanks for the news Beo, although this isn't very positive for all you BeoSound 3 lovers, especially if B&O really have gone to the extent of holding production until a new surface is designed and in manufacture.

Beo, do you know if your BeoSound 3 will simply be repaired, or fitted with the new improved touch pad?

• 06-22-2007 9:50 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Problems are found everywhere, It adds character doesn't it! ;) Beo world would be very boring if there were no issues.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 06-22-2007 12:55 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Beo:
    well, i will still support B&O, as I still have the same idea with you.

but in fact, all my B&O have little problem.

BS3 has total malfunction problem as i said.

for beosound 2 + a8 - there is little connection problem at the headphone jack. 

for beocom 4 - I feel its echo sound is larger than other beocom and even other brands

and I will try beosound 1 and serene coming future.

BeoSound 2 + A8 - If you have the irritating problem where the connection seems faulty - get a damp tissue, grip it tightly round the A8's jack plugs and then turn the connection slowly in the tissue. Cleans the connections which can get covered in gunk without you realising. It's quite common for people like me who use their A8s a lot to slowly build up a layer of rubbish on the connection, and you'd never notice it. Not sure about the BeoCom 4! Might be worth asking your dealer...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-22-2007 2:01 PM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

they claimed that they will change an improved version touchpad for me. 

well, I am satisfied with the customer service so far. 

but on the other hand, I think we all want the products which are problem-free, especially what we have chosen is a great brand B&O. 

I believe the caluclation should be in this way...

The price of B&O goods are usually 6 to 10 times more expensive than other brands, e.g. Sony or panasonic, of similar functions. I think 2 to 3 times the price have gone to design, 2 to 3 times have gone to quality, and 2 to 3 times have gone to durability. So now... it seems that the durability has a serious problem, my feeling is just like 1/3 of the price i paid was wasted.

haha, but anyway, I can say I would still be a super-fans of B&O today and forever. 
Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >