in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-26-2007 4:45 PM by Craig. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-26-2007 1:42 PM

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Beoport - what else will I need?

Yesterday I went and ordered a Beoport from my dealer. My current setup is a BS3000 connected to a BV3-32. To connect it all together do I need to connect a Masterlink cable from the beoport and splice it into the one between the BS3000 and BV3? Noticed Lee has a Masterlink junction box on Ebay at the moment. Not sure to go that route and leave connections spare for future use.

Craig Smile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-26-2007 2:39 PM In reply to

Re: Beoport - what else will I need?

Craig,

You will need to connect the Beoport to the Masterlink, a junction box is best and they are quite cheap. It should be noted that there are two types of Masterlink junction box, the expensive one which has sockets all around it and a small type where you actually connect the wires with a tool.

I am assuming that your Beosound 3000 and BeoVision 3-32 are already connected together via Masterlink and I guess they are in the same room ?

You will need to check the software revision of the Beosound 3000, otherwise you may not be able to use N.Music or N.Radio.

Are you planning to put Powerlink speakers on the Beoport ?

Regards Keith....

• 07-26-2007 2:49 PM In reply to

Craig, i urge you to get on ebay and buy one of Lee's distribution ML boxes now. I bought one and as ive said on another thread, ive seen these go for £60+. Although from a dealer they are around £45.

I think it pays to have the extra sockets for future link expansion.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 07-26-2007 2:56 PM In reply to

Craig,

The following are the types of boxes available. I do not use junction boxes, but the following should give you an idea whats available

ML Junction Boxes

Regards Keith....

• 07-26-2007 3:10 PM In reply to

Or this

BTW I tried to win a Beoport/PC2 on ebay last night, unfortunatley im a bit skint at the moment and the bidding went more than i was prepaired to pay.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 07-26-2007 4:08 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Thanks for the replies. Yes Keith the BS3000 does have the correct S.W. this was something I made sure when I purchased the 3000 from Lee. Also the BS and BV are in the same room. at the moment I don't intend to attach any speakers to the Beoport. This will also be in the same room.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-26-2007 4:37 PM In reply to

Craig,

Well, once you have your Masterlink connected to your new Beoport when it arrives and the software loaded onto your Windows PC.

Just add N.Music and N.Radio to your Beo4 list and start using it. 

Regards Keith....

• 07-26-2007 4:45 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Thanks Keith, will let you know how it all goes. Fingers crossed.Laughing

CraigSmile 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)