in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-07-2011 4:15 PM by Beobuddy. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2011 4:43 AM

• beofan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • North Wales
    • Posts 36
    • Bronze Member

Beomedia 1 question - connecting to an Apple Minimac - advise please

Hello there

I wonder if anyone would be able to advise me on procedure for establishing the link between a Beomedia 1 and an Apple Minimac ? The set-up is the Beomedia 1 connected to a Beosound 9000 via masterlink, then playing through Beolab 3000 speakers. The Beomedia 1 is also connected to a Panasonic TV via S-video cable, acting as the the display. Also connected to the Apple Minimac via ethernet cable (the minimac has "Beoconnect" loaded, but the "Beo" symbol stays "grayed out"). The TV shows the first menu (Net.music, Net.radio etc) and it will play Net.Music - but when I go to Net.Radio I get an error message  saying "unable to contact server". I have only recently bought the Beomedia, second hand, so I am still learning about it - but it would seem that I have missed out some stage of connecting it's software to the the Minimac ? Is there some sub-menu (on the computer, or the Beomedia) that I have to access to get it to link - as yet I have not been able to load music onto it, it came with a large music selection, pre-loaded (all to my taste fortunately). Any help most gratefully received.

• 10-07-2011 5:24 AM In reply to

Re: Beomedia 1 question - connecting to an Apple Minimac - advise please

Hi,

How is the Mac Mini connected to the Beomedia? Are they in the same Ethernet network with one dedicated router?

For N-Radio the Mac is not needed, BM1 should connect directly to the Internet.

just an idea...

Heribert

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 10-07-2011 5:34 AM In reply to

• beofan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • North Wales
    • Posts 36
    • Bronze Member

Hi there

The Mac mini is connected to the Beomedia 1 via an ethernet cable (the Mac mini connects to the internet via an Apple Airport wireless network). You're saying that the Beomedia should be able to connect to N-Radio without any router link? In which case I should find some internal menu on it?

• 10-07-2011 5:41 AM In reply to

I maybe wrong, but I think you need to allow to use the BM1 the Mac Internet connection. This can be set in the system preferences.

Just try.

Best would be to connect the BM1 directly with the router (either wireless or via Ethernet)

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 10-07-2011 6:50 AM In reply to

• beofan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • North Wales
    • Posts 36
    • Bronze Member

Yes, I thought that the Mac mini system preferences might have something to do with it, but unfortunately my computer knowledge does not extend to knowing which sub-menu in there needs adjusting - hoping that someone can help me with that? Re connecting the BM1 direct to the router - not able to do that as it is upstairs and the Beosound (masterlink/remote control) and the TV (display) are downstairs.

• 10-07-2011 8:45 AM In reply to

• beofan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • North Wales
    • Posts 36
    • Bronze Member

Had some partial success, I found a reference to a detailed installation guide on this site, which explained how to access the the maintenance/setup menu (plug a keyboard into the back of the BM1 and then press "R" and "9" at the first screen, this opens the menu required. Also had a eurika moment, realised that on the Mac mini I needed to go into system preferences/"sharing" and then enable "internet sharing" via ethernet. I now have the BM1 downloading a software update (very, very slowly?). Would anyone know what the latest (last?) update number is ? When it finally finishes downloading the update I hope to find out if I now have N.Radio working?

• 10-07-2011 4:15 PM In reply to

At the time BM1 was introduced and sold for years, it was used with Beoplayer(.com).

This was software you had to install at least once in order to register. Only then the Beomedia was able to connect with the B&O server to get access to the internetstations.

Beoconnect can do the same. Install the Beoconnect software once again, or try to find the BM1 in the Beoconnect setup/config menu.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)