in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-03-2011 3:34 AM by valve1. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-02-2011 8:04 AM

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

Aprils First prize winner (eventually)

I was amazed to win a prize like the Beosound 8. I had heard them and it was an impressive bit of kit- but neither I nor the wife have owned any form of portable music since the invention of the 120 cd tape. So I rang Lee and traded it against (another) 9000 mk 3 for my place in the south of France.

I put a beosound 4 in the French house thinking it would be easier to download our music on cards rather then take cd's ever time we went. I only ever recorded one cd to the card, the wife did not even attempt it. As we were both used to the 9000  in Ireland we just never took to the bs4.

I took photo's of the install but no matter how I try to include them I can only get one to show with a post so better one than none!

I cannot help thinking how a pair of black lab1's might look well in this set up......

• 10-02-2011 10:09 AM In reply to

Re: Aprils First prize winner (eventually)

that looks lovely!!

• 10-02-2011 12:19 PM In reply to

valve1:
    I took photo's of the install but no matter how I try to include them I can only get one to show with a post so better one than none!

there are two ways to include photos; one is via the [Options] tab at the top of the "Reply to:" page which results in one picture at the bottom of the post, the other is by clicking on the picture of the photograph of a tree (allows one picture via a url) or the film strip (allows url or selection of one's Beoworld pictures) next to the smiley icon just below the "Message" area.

Soren has made a very nice set of instructions which he posts for people, I will see if I can quickly find it for you

valve1:
    I cannot help thinking how a pair of black lab1's might look well in this set up......

I cannot help thinking how ... a Beovision might look well in your setup Laughing

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-02-2011 12:33 PM In reply to

elephant:
    Soren has made a very nice set of instructions which he posts for people, I will see if I can quickly find it for you

Here => http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/40489/338465.aspx#338465

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-02-2011 1:33 PM In reply to

I like it a lot but I am missing a BeoVision ;-) 

I looks like you have very high celings in the room. That is fantastic! 

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 10-03-2011 3:27 AM In reply to

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

Soren did post me this information a month ago but I just could not get it to work then or now.

I am glad I did not get a beovision as almost every time I get there my sky dish has been moved by the wind despite my best efforts at securing it. Will be bringing a satellite finder in november to set it up again.

Here's a picture of the dry run before taking down the bs4

elephant:
    I cannot help thinking how ... a Beovision might look well in your setup Laughing

• 10-03-2011 3:34 AM In reply to

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

Larskoelle:
    I like it a lot but I am missing a BeoVision ;-) 
    Get an avant while they are going cheap ! I nearly got a bv7 but was put off with all the software issues. I enjoy my avant a lot and have decided to keep it till it packs up.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)