in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-30-2011 5:00 PM by turbotol. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-11-2011 10:39 AM

Problem with HDS4 Zektor switch - help needed

Hi,

I am having trouble installing my Zektor HDS4 switch with my beosystem 1.  The switch seems to respond to inputs from the BEO4 by switching inputs (I have STB to input 1 and my BR player to input 4) but for some reason the switch input does not "stay on" (the led on input 1 briefly flashes when pressing TV on my beo4 but then goes out again).  The switch somehow seems to stay in standby.  

After hours of playing around with it yesterday I got everything to work (by accident admittedly but it does indicate that all BS1 settings and connections are correct) but when I tried turning on the BR player again this morning with the BR remote , the switch somehow reset to its old behavior.  Has anybody figured out the proper procedure to get the HDS4 switch working with their beosystem 1?

Thank you

turbotol

• 09-11-2011 8:29 PM In reply to

Re: Problem with HDS4 Zektor switch - help needed

turbotol,

Which every channel is active on the switch should be reflected by a green led light while the others stay red, even when the switch in standby mode.  It sounds as if the previous user programmed the HDS4 to act like one of the 5-alternate built-in code sets thus it is reacting to commands just not the correct ones.  I would suggest resetting the switch in order to get it back into its default factory settings which would be what the BS1 is sending in order to command the switch.

The IR codes should be present in the BS1 and will be sent as long as you have the Zektor switch setup as your Switch under External Sources.  Other then that you will need to run an IR transmitter from the V.Aux output of the BS1 to the front of the Zektor switch so it will receive the commands as they are sent.

As for inputs on the Zektor switch I believe it to be configured as 1-TV 2-SAT 3-V.Aux 4-DVD, but your Devices must be setup under External Source as well before the BS1 will pass IR command for them, thus allowing you to switch the Zektor to DVD or V.Aux, etc...

The Zektor switch will always be in standby mode when powered on, it will briefly wake and switch when a command is sent and then revert back to standby, thus you will always see it with dimmed LED lights one of which will be green, reflecting the currently select input.

Hiller

BeoVision 4-50 MkII, BeoSystem 1, Zektor Switch, DTS box, BeoLink Passive, BeoVox Cona, BeoLab 1, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 3000, BeoMedia 1, BeoMaster 5, BeoSystem 3 Type 9621

• 09-14-2011 2:53 PM In reply to

Re: Problem with HDS4 Zektor switch - help needed - Can somebody recommend another switch?

Hi Hiller,

Thank you for your help.  Unfortunately after following all your instructions, the Zektor switch still does not funtion properly.  It has happened twice that for some random reason it works for a while but then it goes back to its behavior where it switches immediately back to standby mode after switching inputs.  

Zektor has also not responded to my emails.  They told me on the phone they will only reply by email for problems with products purchased on ebay  (the HDS4 is discontinued) but so far I have not heard back from them.

At this point I would like to pursue other options.  Does anybody use a different brand switch that they can recommend?  Thank you.

Turbotol

• 09-14-2011 4:48 PM In reply to

Re: Problem with HDS4 Zektor switch - help needed - Can somebody recommend another switch?

turbotol:

Hi Hiller,

Thank you for your help.  Unfortunately after following all your instructions, the Zektor switch still does not funtion properly.  It has happened twice that for some random reason it works for a while but then it goes back to its behavior where it switches immediately back to standby mode after switching inputs.  

Zektor has also not responded to my emails.  They told me on the phone they will only reply by email for problems with products purchased on ebay  (the HDS4 is discontinued) but so far I have not heard back from them.

At this point I would like to pursue other options.  Does anybody use a different brand switch that they can recommend?  Thank you.

Turbotol

I'm really surprised by your experience with Zektor. A few years ago, I had probably THE most postive experience with Zektor giving me the best customer service I've ever encountered. Zektor readily offered to replace my box with an updated, brand new box, because they said they wanted me to have the best possible product from them. They even paid for shipping. The man I talked to took the time to completely walk me through the entire setup. Perhaps your difficulty is in trying to communicate via email. Some businesses, myself included, refuse to converse back and forth via email when a phone call can be so much warmer and friendlier. You just can't hear the friendliness of someone's voice via email. Perhaps a kind phone call will get you some sympathetic help from Zektor.

• 09-14-2011 6:19 PM In reply to

Hi Beojeff,

I did speak to Jeoff Haynes on the phone and the first question he asked is if I bought the product from ebay (which I did as the HDS4 model is the only model not requiring programming but unfortunately it is discontinued).  After that, he said they would only provide email support but I never got a reply.  

turbotol

• 09-30-2011 5:00 PM In reply to

Quick update on component switch

So after a couple more emails to Zector (I never got a reply, even after asking to purchase a later model Zektor switch), I dropped by the local B&O dealer who suggested installing an Atlona switch instead.  The atlona switch is a fraction of the price of the Zektor switch, comes with a remote and allows manual switching of inputs for debugging.  So for anybody facing the same problem of adding a switch to their beosystem, have a look at Atlona switches.   

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)