in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-20-2011 1:38 PM by beaker. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-19-2011 10:12 AM

Beogram 8000 for £50!!!!

I know I will regret this but I will not ever fix it and to be honest I just cant be bothered to do anything with it so I have a Beogram 8000 with MMC20CL which someone can have for £50. I have fitted a new tacho disk from Martin and have a cap kit from him too (these cost about the asking price!) Obviously it doesnt work and it is in bits! The sticky tape that holds these decks together has rotted so the platter surround and the "flap" are loose. Also the lid is detached but nothing is broken. The cap kit has not been fitted. It powered up but the speed was very unstable. Im sure that the cap kit would sort it or just use it for spares. The cartridge sounded fine too, but obviously I cant guarentee its perfect.

Really this is for spares or repair but with the new bits that come with it it should help someone out or make a nice project. I would keep it but as I now have 3 rooms of the house full old stereos in various states of repair I am getting shouted at. 

This is strictly collection only. Im not going to put it on Ebay as I dont want the hassle. Sorry to all our foreign members but maybe someone can get it for you and forward it on.I am in Surrey near Epsom.

Pics to come but it doesnt look pretty but its all there!!

• 09-19-2011 10:44 AM In reply to

Re: Beogram 8000 for £50!!!!

Here are the pics. The lid isnt as bad as the picture makes out, its just really dirty and the flash picked it all up.

• 09-19-2011 4:41 PM In reply to

I think you can have a lot more selling the MMC20 CL separately (if in good condition!).

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-20-2011 6:40 AM In reply to

I know but I cant actually guarentee that the cartridge works perfectly as I have nothing to test it on. It sounds ok on this deck but thats not really saying much as the speed is all over the place so you cant really tell and I dont want to say its perfect if it isnt. I have priced it at the cost of the tacho disk and cap kit really. Consider the rest free!

• 09-20-2011 1:38 PM In reply to

This has been put in a cupboard awaiting its new owner in a few weeks.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)