in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-18-2011 11:00 PM by SWISS_2. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-17-2011 9:52 PM

eBay Germany Help

Hi all

I'm keen to buy a phone charger for sale on eBay Germany, but the seller won't post to Australia, only Germany. Are there any members who might be prepared to help?

PM me if you can.

Thanks

Stuart

• 09-17-2011 11:37 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Re: eBay Germany Help

Yes, we run into this all the time and we live just across the frontier.

I do know of someone who runs a mail-shipping service in Kontanz (Constance) Germany, to assist in situations like this. She can receive your package as she resides in Germany, and then can post on the package to you anywhere in the world. From the smallest B&O to Kayaks.

You have to register with her, and then she notifies you when she receives the item and how much the forwarded shipping cost will be. Interested ?

• 09-18-2011 2:27 AM In reply to

What kind of phone charger are you looking for?

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-18-2011 11:12 AM In reply to

SWISS_2:

You have to register with her, and then she notifies you when she receives the item and how much the forwarded shipping cost will be. Interested ?

Yes please...I'd like to know more.

• 09-18-2011 3:02 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

futurist;

Your details, as promised. Please feel free to contact, in English:

Name:    Mandy Klein
      Address:    Bahnhofstrasse 6
                        78462,  Konstanz, DE

Email:    lieferadresse-konstanz@gmx.de

Bon Chance !

• 09-18-2011 3:53 PM In reply to

So this person is doing the bidding on behalf of youHmm

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-18-2011 5:05 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

I think, it's merely a drop-ship address.

Must be this:

http://www.lieferadresse-konstanz.de/index.html

I never heard of this type of service before. Sounds risky - but mainly for her, I suppose.

Martin

• 09-18-2011 5:31 PM In reply to

I haven't seen a private individual doing this before but services such as this are quite common.  One I've thought of using in the US is www.bundlebox.com, the trouble is by the time you add on the VAT for non-EU goods it's rarely worth it.

• 09-18-2011 11:00 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Just to clarify:

1. This is a German service, in Germany, for items shipped to, and from Germany.

2. It was created for the reason that many Germans will sell EBAY items, or other companies online, but then elect to only ship inside Germany or the EU.

Imagine that a Beoworld member in Oz, North or South America, Asia, or Africa really wished to buy a B&O Beocom, an old weinheber, or a hunting horn, listed by a German seller. The buyer states " I am ready to pay as agreed, " but the seller says " Yes, but I refuse to ship outside of Germany. " What does one then do ?

This service provides the answer. The sale item is negotiated and paid for by the buyer, shipped then to Konstanz (a legal address in Germany), the buyer is notified when his/her package arrives, and then pays further shipping on from Konstanz to the country location they reside in, anywhere in the world.

3. There is no bidding by this service on your behalf to EBAY, or anyone else.

4. This has nothing to do with EU or Non-EU items of origin, VAT, or other tax duties. Those remain the responsibility of the buyer.

I discovered this service when purchasing two downriver racing Kayaks (Prijon Olympic models). Those kayaks were not available where I live, and the seller says, Sorry, anywhere but Switzerland. But Mon Ami, I will pay the extra costs ?  Seller, sorry no way.

This service was the answer and solution.

Bonne Chance futurist !

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)