in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-10-2011 3:17 AM by Guy1680. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-08-2011 10:15 PM

adding a dab wifi adaptor to beosound 2300

Hi can any one help I have recently found a dab wifi connector on ebay under heading "DAB WIFI TUNER, COMPATIBLE WITH BANG & OLUFSEN PRODUCTS" does anyone know if this will work with a beosound 2300 ? Also as I am using my aux socket at back of hi-fi for my non b and o active speakers I was wondering how I could connect this ? as I now only have the 2 powerlink inputs on back of hifi and I wouldve thought this would need to be plugged by 7 pin lead into aux! Is there a adaptor that enables two 7 pin leads to be plugged onto aux at back ? At £220 I want to make sure this will work with my beosound 2300 

• 09-09-2011 4:56 AM In reply to

• Guy1680
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-18-2007
    • Viborg, Denmark
    • Posts 104
    • Gold Member

Re: adding a dab wifi adaptor to beosound 2300

I've just this week bought one direct from the manufacturer after a suggestion from Stefan - see link:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/40417.aspx

It works very well with my BC9500 and will work with a BS2300 - read the manufacturers instruction leaflet for a full description.  I am happy to help with specific questions.  The unit comes with a 7 pin DIN that needs to go into the Aux socket of the 2300, hence I do not know how you would connect your speakers.  Steve at 'Sounds Heavenly' can probably help find a lead to go from Powerlink to your non-B&O actives.

Regards

Guy

EDIT:  Maybe this cable: http://soundsheavenly.co.uk/bando-pltoamp.htm

• 09-09-2011 7:05 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

I`m sure, the DAB tuner will work with your BS2300. It will be controlled via Datalink of the AUX socket. Just the same way as with a BC9500. Do you have the "early" BS2300 with two-way communicatio?

Should also be possible to split the AUX socket and use the input for the tuner, incl. Datalink and the output for your external amps. It`s a fixed line level output. If you have non beo active speakers directly connected to your BS, use Powerlink output, because it`s a volume controlled line level output that is required by a poweramp input. You can even power up/down your active speakers by a trigger signal via Powerlink - if your active speakers are supporting this feature...

More information about wiring of AUX and Powerlink plug:

http://www.beoworld.org/beotech/misc2.htm#Audio%20Aux%20Link%20/%20PowerLink%20connections:

Hope this helps

Stefan

• 09-09-2011 7:08 AM In reply to

Many thanks guys great help

• 09-09-2011 9:38 AM In reply to

hI gUY,

Just wondering can I just plug and play this device ? or do I have to connect to computer ? I do have wi-fi at home and was hoping to have this unit just next to my beosound. Also does it get hundreds of radio stations ? My aerial reception isnt great as I live in basement!

• 09-09-2011 10:34 AM In reply to

• Guy1680
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-18-2007
    • Viborg, Denmark
    • Posts 104
    • Gold Member

Pretty much plug and play once connected to beosound - about 20 mins to set up through the on-screen menus (wifi password etc).  Hence no need to connect direct to the computer (my wifi modem is several rooms away, and I get a great wireless connection).

And being in a basement should not be a problem for internet radio as it will be coming over your broadband/telephone line (unless of course you are on a 'shared' wifi net - but again it seems to be a quite sensitive wifi receiver, so you should be OK)

Guy

• 09-09-2011 6:08 PM In reply to

Cheers Guy

Does it have a blue display etc and does it show radio stations from all over the world ? and does it cosmetically match b and o stuff ? sorry for asking so many questions its just I am new to b and o stuff and finding it all quite complicated !Incidently as I said I have my beosound rigged up with some rather cheap active speakers (maplin £30 but amazingly sound ok) shall I think of replacing these with the 2500 or 4000 and leave the radio adaptor for a bit ?

• 09-09-2011 6:33 PM In reply to

• Guy1680
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-18-2007
    • Viborg, Denmark
    • Posts 104
    • Gold Member

Yes radio stations from all over the world.  The display is more 'white on grey' than blue but I think it integrates quite nicely - see below:

If you can't stretch to active speakers then perhaps add an MCL2P or Passive (via Powerlink) and add passive speakers.  My son uses his BC2300 with an MCL2P and Beovox CX50s and is quite pleased with the results.

Guy

• 09-09-2011 7:45 PM In reply to

Wow Guy - Fantastic and great to see your lovely set up !Yes I think I will get it it looks great and will compliment my beosound !

Thanks for advice on speakers !I think I will get this first then speakers soon !as I have said I am quite new to b and o stuff !I have always liked it (but when I was younger could never afford and now I am getting stuff I loved 10-15 yrs ago !!) and with ebay managed to get some old classics (MX400,beo4 AND Beosound and 1200 beotalk)

I will send you some photos when I get it I am quite excited now and now I have seen yours I am happy !

One more question is it remote control ?and how do you operate and search through stations is this done with beo4 ?

• 09-10-2011 3:17 AM In reply to

• Guy1680
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-18-2007
    • Viborg, Denmark
    • Posts 104
    • Gold Member

Yes remote works with Beo4 (and my Beolink 1000 or 5000), and you can search through stations using this.  You can either set it up in direct mode, where the receiver gets a remote signal direct from the Beo4, or cable mode, where the receiver gets the remote signal via the Beocentre (through the aux lead).  I have it in the latter mode so that I can control it from link rooms (although this is more difficult as I can't see the display from there!).

Have a good weekend!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)