in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-05-2011 11:08 AM by Søren Mexico. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-05-2011 6:20 AM

• Desmo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-25-2011
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

Sound Quality with external receiver

Hi all,

I own a couple of beolab 8000 speakers combined with a beocenter 2300.

This combination sounds excellent with a CD input.

I have connected my Panasonic Plasma TV and mediabox from the RCA to the aux in of the beocenter, which allows me to use the beolabs to view movies or to listen to music from the mediabox.

When i use the TV as a source the soundquality is much better than using the mediabox as a source.

Question1: I was wondering if I could improve the soundquality from these inputs by using an external receiver (like the yamaha RX-V667) as a pre-pro attached to the aux of the beocenter 2300?

I'm also planning to attach a couple of beolab penta's to create a home theater setting. I can use the yamaha RX-V667 as a pre-pro, but I have to attach the beolabs directly to the pre outs of the receiver. This will definitely improve the soundquality of movies, because of the decoding of DTS-HD,etc. , and having a surround setup.
    Otherwise this will imply that I have to attach the beocenter 2300 to the RCA in of the receiver to play CD's.

Question 2: What will a Pre-pro do with this sound and is it possible that the sound quality of CD's will decrease using this setup?

Question 3: Are there any positive or negative experiences with attaching external receivers (e.g. Yamaha RX-667) to Beolab speakers?

Many thanks for your replies.

• 09-05-2011 11:08 AM In reply to

Re: Sound Quality with external receiver

The quality of the sound from TV or mediabox is an old problem, what comes in comes out, your mediabox is probably not the best source.

I have an Onkyo amp/reciever where I distribute sound from TV (HDMI), set top box (analog), Blue-Ray (HDMI), Computer (Optical) and BG 5000 (analog). I have a BS 3000 and it was connected, but as the Onkyo is a reciever and I play my CDs on the blue-ray, I took it out and run it in a different room.

I have connected to the Onkyo preouts, BM 8000s (front), BM 4000 (center) and amp out S45s (surround), The sound from the Blue-Ray with a good quality B-R disk is espectacular. TV is depending of the source from the sender, HD with good sound is very good indeed.

2. Quality of your CDs will not decrease, and you will be able to distribute the sound through your Yamaha and fit it to surroundings and your ears.

3. Negative for the BLs is the line connection, sometimes, in a surround sound set up, watching a movie, your amp will not distribute sound to some of the speakers and the speakers goes into standby, this happens under long passes of silence or long passes of low speaking. Separate your sound and power cables as the line connection has more tendency to cause "hum".

As for using the Onkyo instead of the BS 3000, with the BS I had to use a source selector and a preamp for the BG, and no surround sound, and with the Onkyo I can change, distibute and select in or out and combine everything from one remote.

But I love listening to my BS 3000 with BLs 4000 and a good music CD, this stereo sound is kind of special and you wont be able to reproduce it with your Yamaha or any other amp, its "special".

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)