in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-01-2011 7:40 AM by Cleviebaby. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-31-2011 7:45 AM

'Thump' on switch on

I've recently started using again, after a break of some months, my Beocenter 9500 with a pair of CX100s.  On switching the system on from the mains, there is very noticeable 'thump' from the 'speakers.  Switching on any function in the system from stand-by doesn't generate any such noise.  I've even tried leaving headphones attached when turned off at the mains, but the thump is still there on switching on the mains supply again.  The 'mute' control switch (on 'speaker one') seems to work, both from direct input and via the remote, with the correct 'click' on cutting in.  

Whilst I could overcome this by just leaving the unit in stand-by all the time it's not in use, I am loath to do so, not only for environmental reasons but also because advice from Tim Jarman was not to leave older kit with lots of microprocessor activity (in that particular case, a BM8000) in stand-by for long periods.

Any thoughts or ideas very gratefully received.

Cleve

• 08-31-2011 6:23 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Re: 'Thump' on switch on

this is normal if I remember correctly. My personal opinion with this hifi is it is better left plugged in.

Olly.

• 08-31-2011 7:11 PM In reply to

I agree with Olly.

It is designed to be left on standby so why do otherwise?

Regards Graham

• 09-01-2011 7:40 AM In reply to

Olly/Graham

Thank you both - that's re-assured me.  Stand-by it will be.

Cleve

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)