in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-28-2011 12:39 PM by rxcohen. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2011 9:08 PM

Caller display not working on beotalk 1200/do I need a rj11 any please help !!!

Hi I have just got beotalk 1200 off ebay and wired up answerphone working all ok ,however display not showing numbers when called in to my homeline.I have caller id and this is working on my other phones!I have a virgin phone line I have heard caller display doesnt work on older type phones,is there away around this I have got new splitter all ok all wiring fine.Please anyone please help I want to be able to use call announcement function an at present due to caller display not working it only shows -----------,alot of the great features I bought it for just dont work I live in U.K.,Any please help I am desparate and have been checking internet for last 2 days I am losing my mind..... 

• 08-28-2011 12:39 PM In reply to

• rxcohen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2011
    • New York, USA
    • Posts 27
    • Gold Member

Re: Caller display not working on beotalk 1200/do I need a rj11 any please help !!!

So taking a shot in the dark here but different countries use different specs for transmission and of CLID, so the case for you may be:

- You have a 1200 that is not compatible to UK standards

- It is compatible to BT standards, but Virgin uses non-BT standards (ETSI that is used in the EU)

- While you have Virgin service, you may have BT wiring which not always compatible with RJ11 units

A BT to RJ-11 coverter may do the job, but it would be good if you could first test the unit on a BT line and see if it works...then you can narrow it down.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)