in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-31-2007 3:19 PM by Alex. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-29-2007 6:41 AM

Speaker 2 option as default

I was told by the dealer that it was not necessary to buy the center speaker to beovision 7, and instead just use my beloab 3 speakers in speaker 2 mode. The only problem I have is that the TV starts up in speaker 3 option which is bad when you don't have a center speaker connected. Is it possible to make the TV start up in speaker 2 mode each time you turn it on?

Thanks in advance

• 07-29-2007 6:55 AM In reply to

Re: Speaker 2 option as default

Connect your front speaker to center connection on the right side instead, and call it BL 7-1 Yes -  thumbs up

Welcome to beoworld

• 07-29-2007 2:08 PM In reply to

Hi Stig,

I am not sure I can follow you here. Do you want me to connect the right speaker as it was a center speaker permhanently?

• 07-29-2007 4:09 PM In reply to

No.. both speakers to the center output (the center output is placed at the right side of the TV. "not on the surround modul") and then call it 7-1 because then they Will play in stereo..
  • 07-30-2007 10:46 AM In reply to

Dear Nigel Mansell alias "The Stig"

I still don't get it. The only "speaker out" I have are placed in the surround modul. There are six; 1xsub,1xcenter,2x rear, 2xfront.

Furthermore (I didn't mention that) I have connected my Beosound4 to the TV as weel. That means that the Beolab3 also has to play as "normal" front speakers.

I would hate to pay 3000€ for a 7-1 if its not necessary.

BR

• 07-30-2007 11:27 AM In reply to

You can use the BL3 without a BL7-1 acting as a center speaker but in a 5.1 setup the center speaker is needed to enhance the dialogs.

Do test it without the center speaker and see if it suits you.

And yes, you can setup your BV7 to use the speaker 2 as default.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 07-30-2007 2:00 PM In reply to

Nigel ???

if you look behind the other cover, on the back of your TV. you will find to more Power link connections at the bottom, thats the center connection. plug your speakers to this connection and then remove your fonts speakers in the sound menu. then it works the way you want it to.

The center Power link on the surround modul is to a cinema center...

• 07-30-2007 3:40 PM In reply to

The driver called The Stig in Topgear is in fact Nigel Mansell. (says the rumour)

I have tried it out and it works fine. But I am not sure if it plays in stereo. I think that the center signal is in mono also in 7-1 mode. Furthermore I now have the exact opposit problem when I turn on the radio. When I turn on the radio I have to change speaker mode to speaker 3???

I can read in the manual that I should be able to configure the speaker mode depending which source I am listening to. But I do not have  menus under sound adjustments. Why is that? Because of an old OS system?

• 07-30-2007 4:29 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

You could just change the 'default video' setting to 'Speaker 2' in the Menu Smile

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-30-2007 4:44 PM In reply to

Laughing

thats becauce you haven't set the front speaker to none thats why it play mono and no sound in audio mode just change it to none and it will work...

• 07-30-2007 4:47 PM In reply to

Alex

in video mode it's only possible to set it to speaker 1 or 3 as default

• 07-30-2007 5:38 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

You learn something new every day!

Do as The Stig says, connect the BeoLab 3s to the two PowerLink connections you see on the left of the TV as you look at it from behind, and call them 'BeoLab 7-1'.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-30-2007 5:49 PM In reply to

Me to Wink
  • 07-31-2007 11:00 AM In reply to

Thanks a lot, it works fine. Do you know if the center signal has a reduzed frequence area?  In most surround solutions the center signal is reduced and optimised for vocals and cuts of other frequences.

• 07-31-2007 3:19 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

No, as in this case, the centre channel isn't acting as a 'centre channel', but just as a stereo pair of speakers. Bear in mind that really, the 7-1 and 7-2 are more suited to act as a standalone speaker, unlike the 7-4 which is ONLY for centre-channel audio, and doesn't reproduce the full frequency range.

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)