in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-09-2011 5:35 AM by DrDimitris. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-08-2011 4:54 PM

Beovision 7-32 (monitor edition) + Beocenter 2 + Beolab 2 = No subwoofer?! Connection issue?

Hi all.

I have a Beovision 7-32 TV (monitor edition without the integrated DVD and seemingly with an integrated surround-card) a Beocenter 2 and the following speakers: Beolab2, 2 x Beolab 8000 and 2 x Beolab 6000.

The technician who installed the TV for me, connected all speakers into one connection (maybe two - they are both labelled Power Link Centre) on the left side back panel of the BV7. I notice that there are numerous speaker-connectors on the right hand side back panel... None of them are used.

The problem is that the Beoloab 2 doesn't function as a sub anymore. At best, the sound is equivalent to the sound from a loudspeaker with treble only... The Beolab 2 functioned very well as long as I had the same speakers, same stereo and a Beovision 3-32. When I used the Beovision 3-32, the speakers were connected directly to the TV.

I think a challenge is that this monitor-edition doesn't have an integrated centre speaker...

The question is: How can a I connect (and setup the TV) the speakers correctly, so that the Beolab 2 functions properly and the other speakers (at least the Beolab 8000's) function as front/side/back speakers? If I have to first switch on the TV and then switch on the speakers via the remote (chose speaker setup or something), that's fine. I'm just tired an disappointed that the Beolab 2 doesn't work... It's been like this for two and a half years....

Please help... Thanks.

• 08-08-2011 6:47 PM In reply to

• Emil
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 98
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovision 7-32 (monitor edition) + Beocenter 2 + Beolab 2 = No subwoofer?! Connection issue?

This must surely be an incorrect setup! I have the dvd-version of the BV7-32 so I cant say for sure but i would be very, very surprised if there should be any differences between the two versions as regards speaker connectors. Try to connect the BL8000, BL6000 and BL2 speakers to the right hand side back panel. 

Inflagrante

• 08-09-2011 5:35 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 7-32 (monitor edition) + Beocenter 2 + Beolab 2 = No subwoofer?! Connection issue?

I agrre with Emil. Also i don't think that the non-DVD version of the BV7-32 has different speaker connection panel. Here it is. hope this will help you to setup correctly.

-Dimitris

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)