in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-22-2011 6:58 PM by bob97531. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-21-2011 10:21 PM

Beocentury Crackling AUX

Hello All,

FIrst off, great forum, managed to sort out my whacky sliding door issue by clearing out the smoke clogged sensors so cheers for that !

I was wondering if anyone can help with another issue i'm having...

I've just bought an AUX to headphone jack lead off ebay, decent one, or at least it seems to be, when i put my mp3 player through it, it sounds great no problems, however i've tried hooking it up to my tv using the same headphone out on the tv and although it does work its very crackly, this is in the background and at a decent volume its hard to tell but when its low its quite noticable.

Anyone any ides as to what could be causing this ?

Tv is a Toshiba Regza LCD if that helps.

Hope all is well and thanks in advance.

Cheers

Bob

• 07-21-2011 10:28 PM In reply to

Re: Beocentury Crackling AUX

Sorry, Beosound Century or 2000 Big Smile

• 07-22-2011 3:58 AM In reply to

Most likely a ground loop - are both the Beosound and the TV connected to the same aerial? Try disconnectiong the antenna on either the TV or the Beosund, if that makes the humming disappear you've found your culprit. Solution would be to fit an adapter in one of the aerial connections.

• 07-22-2011 6:58 PM In reply to

Thanks for the reply, as for the antenna, the only antenna connected is the intergrated one in the stereo, the tv is connected to sky using hdmi and xbox also using hdmi, its an odd one, it stopped doing it today briefly...

Will try pluggin and unplugging and see if i can find the bugger ! :)

Thanks again

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)