in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-17-2011 9:41 AM by msnelling. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-17-2011 3:06 AM

Penta II

Was checking the mode switch on the front amplifier panel and switched it Left to Off. When I tried to switch it back Right to ON the slide switch was loose and it wouldn't switch back on! Feels like the switch is broken, do I need to dismantle the speaker to fix this?

Filed under:
  • 05-17-2011 8:13 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Penta II

The switch handle has a couple of small fins that break at the backside.
    You will be able to swap the broken handle with one of the remaining two and regain full functionality
    as they do not all grip their respective switches the same way.
    Yes, you will have to take the amplifier off the tower to fully release the frontpanel and access its innards.

Martin

• 05-17-2011 9:41 AM In reply to

Re: Penta II

Thanks Martin. There are a couple of stays connecting the panel to the amplifier, these can be released by inserting a screwdriver from the side and the panel drops forward. 3 screws release the PCB and the switches drop out. The small fins that hold the 3 switches in place were all damaged to varying degrees. After putting the switches in the correct position I slid them back and reconnected the PCB. All is working fine now. Thanks again for your reply.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)