in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-11-2011 6:36 AM by Daniel. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-01-2009 6:07 AM

Beocom 6000 ringing but not responding

I have a  Beocom 6000 phone which is playing up. It rings and the numbers are still able to be accessed in the phone book but when you try and answer it it is dead with a message 'Power down...' I have tried holding the centre button down and it turns it off and then repowering it but to no avail. I am wondering if anyone has had a similar problem.

Patrick

• 07-01-2009 3:01 PM In reply to

Re: Beocom 6000 ringing but not responding

If you have other Beocom 6000's connected to the same base and they work fine, then it will almost certainly that a fault has occured on the handset PCB.

However, I would suggest that your next step should be to do a handset reset

To reset a Mark I Beocom 6000 press DOT 70009 it will ask you to confirm OK press centre button and phone will reset and a few seconds later the message “POWER ON

Regards Keith....

• 07-01-2009 5:16 PM In reply to

I only have one Beocom 6000 but will try as you suggest. Is it possible that the problem is the PSTN base station? Also will the handset reset erase all my phonebook?

Thanks

Patrick

• 07-01-2009 5:17 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

No Patrick, a base reset will though.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-02-2009 3:51 AM In reply to

In my view the problem is very unlikely to be the base because you get the message on the handset "Power down.."

It is possible that you have a faulty battery, but more likely is an electronic fault on the main PCB

Regards Keith....

• 07-02-2009 6:15 AM In reply to

I don't understand how to reset. What does DOT mean? Which button is it?

Thank you for your patience.

Patrick

• 07-02-2009 6:24 AM In reply to

At the 9 o'clock postion of the centre dial you will have a button mark with a DOT or the letters INT

If you have the button with a DOT then you have a Mark I handset and my previous instructions were for a Mark I

If you have the letters INT then you have a Mark II handset, then the code I gave you is not applicable

Regards Keith....

• 07-02-2009 8:03 AM In reply to

I must have Mark II as it is the one with the earset. How do I reset this model? Do I press Int and the numbers you suggested?

Patrick

• 07-02-2009 8:12 AM In reply to

Patrick,

To reset a Mark II Beocom 6000 handset the commands are totally different as follows:-

• Press 9#9#9* INT
    • You will see HS SW version in the screen
    • Turn the dial clockwise until it says "Reset handset"
    • Press OK

Regards Keith....

• 05-10-2011 2:34 PM In reply to

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

Hi Guys,

I see this is an old thread, but just curious if the phone ever started working properly again?

I have an old Beocom 6000 (obviously a Mk1 since the DOT 7009 worked for me to do a reset) but now I can't register the handset with the base. It doesnt accept the default 0000 code as password. I am sure I havent changed it..

The symptoms on my phone are the same as described in this thread. I can hear and see someone calling, but I can't answer. When I try to make a call, its either doesn't do anything or I get a very strong and weird kind of "busy" tone. So that's why I am trying to reset it.

Is there some kind of "master reset" I can do to get it back to factory settings? I don't mind entering the address book again as long as I can make it work again..

Any ideas welcome!

/Peter

• 05-10-2011 3:45 PM In reply to

Peter,

If you cannot register the handset, then you will not be able to make or receive calls.

If you try and register the handset and it wants a password and the normal 0000 does not work then it almost certainly means you already have six handsets registered to the base. You will need to unregister a phone or reset the unit.

Not sure able the weird busy tone, because if its not registered you should not get anything.

Do you only have one phone connected to this base ?

Have you had the base from new or is it second hand? if it is second hand it may have been sold to you without them first unregistering the phones previously used with the base.

Regards Keith....

• 05-10-2011 4:07 PM In reply to

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

Hi Keith,

Thank you for the quick response!

Well, now that I have reset the handset, I cannot call or receive calls, so I don't get the weird busy tone either of course..When I press the handset button it just ask me if I want to connect to the base ( in swedish, since it was set up in swedish originally)

I only have one Beocom 6000 and only one handset. I had it since new and never, deliberately, changed the configuration since then..

It has worked perfectly over the years until it suddenly a few months ago started to give distortion and the sound faded after a few minutes into the call. Then the other symptoms started, when people calling me I could hear the ring signal and see the number (or name) presented but nothing happened when I tried to answer. Then I also got this weird, strong "busy tone" when trying to make a call.

I just thought I'd try to do a reset and see if it helps before I bring it to my dealer to see what it will cost to repair.

So if you have any other suggestions what to do, I would really appreciate it..

/Peter

• 05-10-2011 4:38 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Hej Peter! I had the exact same problem some months ago with one of my two Mark I handsets. I had to turn it off and on, and try to register off and on, but it would not accept the code (I had correct code). Suddenly it acted normal again, but I don't know why. Maybe because I just gave up and left it in the base for a while. Hope it will sort out for you. It's a great phone (when working).

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 05-11-2011 4:30 AM In reply to

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

Hej Daniel,

Interesting! Well, when I get home I will leave it power-less over night and then connect it again and leave it to "heal",  maybe thats what it needs... ;-)

Did you also get the distortion and the call "fading away" after a few minutes of talking? I was thinking there must be some kind of "master reset code" to get it back to factory settings and start all over..

And you're right, its a great phone when it works!

/Peter

• 05-11-2011 6:36 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Hi! No problem with call quality. When it's working it's working 100 %! It's digital (either fully working or not working at all)! ;-) This problem come and go, but they're working most of the time. I plan to let my dealer upgrade them to mk2 to get them "newer", but never gets "tummarna ur" ...

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)